Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

http://paddypowerblog.wordpress.com/
    Wales v France – We’re refunding all losing single match bets on Wales placed before kick-off.
    ——————————-
    Was it a red card? We’re not too sure but one thing we are sure of is that there was only one team trying to win this semi-final and they don’t eat croissants for breakfast.

The red card, some agonisingly close penalty efforts and scoring the only try of the game, it’s difficult not to feel some sympathy for the Dragons and their fans.

Which is why we’re refunding all bets on Wales to beat France in the pre-match win-draw-win market.

That’s nearly €200,000 in bets we’ll be returning. Doing the right thing or shameless marketing ploy? What difference does it make as long as justice is served…and you get your money back?

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

PP do this a lot, it's one reason why I stayed with them for a while. Nothing like positive PR.

It's a great feeling when you login, feeling robbed and frustrated, and then see that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Happy days again. Nonu has a great try scoring record against the Aussies. :D

All%2BBlacks.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

The early handicap has France +16 with Stan James or +15 generally.

That looks a good bet bet to me the fact its a final aswell makes it better looking.

Sure France did'nt want to beat New Zealand in the group stage and nealy stayed within 16 points.

Anyone else agree or disagree?

I'm hoping that you're wrong as I'm looking forward to the All Blacks running riot in the Final. Hopefully, Piri Weepu will find his kicking boots again. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

paddy power gave me a free 50 cent so I decided to find the most ridiculously long rugby odds that I could, so I've gone for France to win to nil 425/1! :D

PP have paid out on NZ to win the world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Just to balance out the positive publicity I might add that PP ripped me off of hundreds of Euro some months back. I'll keep banging that drum for a while yet.

Also PP can afford to give back all that money because they're making so much.
    Wales v France – We’re refunding all losing single match bets on Wales placed before kick-off.
    ——————————-
    Was it a red card? We’re not too sure but one thing we are sure of is that there was only one team trying to win this semi-final and they don’t eat croissants for breakfast.

The red card, some agonisingly close penalty efforts and scoring the only try of the game, it’s difficult not to feel some sympathy for the Dragons and their fans.

Which is why we’re refunding all bets on Wales to beat France in the pre-match win-draw-win market.

That’s nearly €200,000 in bets we’ll be returning. Doing the right thing or shameless marketing ploy? What difference does it make as long as justice is served…and you get your money back?

details of them ripping you off profitius?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

profitius wrote: »

The thing is (and I'm sure PP have done their homework) that a very large number of those that are refunded cash will put it straight back into another bet. If you had to go down to the bookies to collect €10 are you going to leave without having a quick look at what bets are on offer? It's free publicity for them, they're giving money back that they didn't have to begin with in the knowledge that half of it is probably going to end up back in their account anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

details of them ripping you off profitius?

Lets just say a winning bet was not accepted due to a technicality. They then offered me some money ie much less than my stake. I rejected the offer as a matter of principle.

But I still go in there every so often because I've made a profit off them for the past year or so and I've every intention of maintaining my discipline.

There was also another incident where I wrote a bet out and the match started a few min late so I didn't get paid. That was a no win situation because if the team lost I'd have thrown away the docket. At the time I wrote the bet the team I backed were losing!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

profitius wrote: »

Well we can hardly begrudge them for that. It is their job after all.

GerM wrote: »
    The thing is (and I'm sure PP have done their homework) that a very large number of those that are refunded cash will put it straight back into another bet.

When they paid out on Leinster winning the HEC I immediately withdrew it and spent it all on drink in Cardiff.

Take that PaddyPower!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Clerc is 16/1 for the first try in the final. Whatever about the gulf in class, France are going to come out and give it everything they have from the off. Rougerie 33/1 also.

2/1 for Stade Francais away to Agen today. Agen have been a surprise pakcage while Stade have been terrible but they have Contepomi and Parisse starting for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

As there is not a lot on today

Currie Cup

Sharks -8 10/11 Ladbrokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

if any of you had Earls backed e/w as top try scorer you might have to remind your bookie to pay out, i had to remind mine twice.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭real stig

robbie1977 wrote: »
    The early handicap has France +16 with Stan James or +15 generally.

That looks a good bet bet to me the fact its a final aswell makes it better looking.

Sure France did'nt want to beat New Zealand in the group stage and nealy stayed within 16 points.

Anyone else agree or disagree?
    Nice one robbie went with you on this and it helped pay for a few pints ;)

Edinburgh are 11/8 to win on PP. Considering Leinster's abysmal record there and less then full strength team I think that's a solid bet.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Edinburgh are 11/8 to win on PP. Considering Leinster's abysmal record there and less then full strength team I think that's a solid bet.

Definitely a good bet. I'm always fearful going to Murrayfield. The way they play is always difficult for us.

• Advertisement

Gone for Sarries and Cardiff double tonight. Both scr at 10/11.

Easy easy.

wixfjord wrote: »
    Easy easy.

I of course lost money on Connacht. ****ing frustrating team...

PP%2BTODAY.JPG

Only two simple bets between last night and today - and they both came in! I can never resist more than 17.5 points in the first half in any match and the Connacht game was only 16.5 points. Flicked on the pre-match coverage and it wasn't raining at the Sportsground, clicked on bet - easy money. :D

Shame that Connacht let them off the hook though.

Rather annoyingly I was going to bet on Visser to score but it had come in to 2/1 at that point and I decided not to take it. Probably would have at 12/5. Sigh.

Munster 6/4 on PP; 6/5 on Betfair. Thankfully I got mine matched at 6/4 on Betfair before the odds shortened.

Ahead of the team announcements (and on the assumption that BOD won't start) 9/2 on Munster -8 for the thrill-seekers? :D

Went for sob to score a try 10/3 , that munster backrow looks weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Gone for Leinster to score a try in both halfs @ 12/5, SOB 1st try @ 16/1 and Leinster over 2 tries in the game @ 8/11.

Ah it's good to have the Leinster bandwagon rolling again!!:D

• Advertisement

Marginally ahead on the evening. The Munster game was some endurance to watch and only the postponement of the Dragons vs Cardiff saved me. :(

Leinster%2Bvs%2BMunster.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

First Stupid Heineken Cup Accumulator of 2011/12 - Nothing like it!
    12 Fixtures:12 Bets

Harlequins -v- Connacht (Connacht +17)
    Racing Metro -v- Cardiff Blues (Blues +13)
    Leicester bt Aironi
    London Irish bt Edinburgh
    Leinster bt Montpellier
    Scarlets bt Castres
    Ospreys bt Biarritz
    Ulster -v- Clermont (Ulster +8)
    Munster bt Northampton
    Bath bt Glasgow
    Toulouse -v- Gloucester (Toulouse -12)
    Saracens bt Treviso

Odds 64.22/1

Northampton are 7/4 to beat Munster and Clermont are 8/11 to beat Ulster?!
    Yes please!

Add in Leicester, Leinster, Quins and Bath for a nice 10.5/1 shot!

Harlequins are 15/8 to qualify for the QF. While I don't expect them to beat Toulouse to the top there is a chance they might, and they could well qualify as a best runner up thanks to Connacht being in their group. Sounds like a solid bet to me.

I'm going for a fiver accum for fun -

Leinster, Cardiff, Clermont, Harlequins, Northampton and Saracens all to win their groups. Pays back around 750 with PP.

Other bets are Leinster to win, Cardiff e/w and Quins e/w (all on the outright market)

Gotta love the H Cup!!! :D

I just can't see Quins overthrowing Toulouse in that group.
    Toulouse have to be favourites for me.
    Adding Burgess, Mcallister, Beauxis, and the two Saffer props to what they already have is frightening.

• Advertisement

wixfjord wrote: »
    I just can't see Quins overthrowing Toulouse in that group.
    Toulouse have to be favourites for me.
    Adding Burgess, Mcallister, Beauxis, and the two Saffer props to what they already have is frightening.

I don't know, they haven't been the force of old recently and Quinns are going well in the Premiership. I just think they could do better against the others in the group and I've a funny feeling Connaught could do Toulouse in the Sportsground. Quinns have been there before and know what to expect whereas Toulouse are not gonna know what hit them when they get onto that pitch, expecially if it's the usual weather conditions next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

5/12 so far

35163267.png

what odds did that add up to?

duckysauce wrote: »
    what odds did that add up to?

345/1

its_phil wrote: »
    345/1

:eek: squeaky bum time with Munster good luck tomorrow

• Advertisement

Happy days again! :D

PP%2B11%2B11%2B11.JPG

10/12 for 345 beans

newpicture11z.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

10/12 for 345 beans
    Good luck man

10/12 for 345 beans

newpicture11z.png

win or loose post up your selections next week :p

its phil, would you not try and lock up a bit of guaranteed profit by getting on the opposite sides of your pending bets?

its phil, would you not try and lock up a bit of guaranteed profit by getting on the opposite sides of your pending bets?

;)

bloody french and italians :rolleyes: hard luck

Some interesting betting opportunities this weekend.

Munster at 10/11 away to Castres.
    Ulster are a huge +12 away to Leicester
    Sarries are 7/5 away to a struggling Biarritz without Yachvilli

Given the shocks last weekend, anything is possible!

Got Munster matched at 2.3 yesterday. Only stuck a fiver on with those odds in blind hope but it got matched.

• Advertisement
Advertisement