Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Phone Stolen - What to Do

Options
  • 02-09-2011 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

This is probably more apt here:

So, my phone was nicked last night (Well, I was mugged and beaten in Tallaght, they took the phone (SGS2) without really knowing what they were taking).

I didn't do it right, but have sort of learned the best things to do now.

1. In Advance of a stolen phone, download "Lookout Mobile Security" - I had not installed that, because I had thought it was just another Anti virus. Its more than that.

2. When the phone is stolen (or lost), go to myLookout.com and locate your phone.

3. Contact the mobile operator, have the SIM and IMEI blocked, so the phone is useless.

4. Contact the police with the location of your phone, and file a report.

If, like me, you did not have "Lookout Mobile Security" installed, this is what I recommend.

1. Download and install an app called "Plan B" remotely from the Android Market.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb&hl=en
    (It is important to do this first, because Meteor,02,3,vodafone rightly, will block all data charges from happening on your phone when you report it)

2. The location of your phone is then sent to the GMail address associated with your android account.
    - If you want to, you can locate it 10 minutes later by texting "locate" to your phone from any other phone.

3. Contact the mobile operator, have the SIM and IMEI blocked, so the phone is useless.

4. Contact the police with the location of your phone, and file a report.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/07/androids-plan-b-app-an-editorial-love-story/

Comments

Advertisement