Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tidy Towns Celbridge - best shop/business front award

Options
  • 02-09-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭

This year's Tidy Towns shop/business front award will be called the Larry O'Toole Perpetual Award in memory of the very popular Larry.

There is also an award for the best floral display on businesses so this award will be judged on the overall look without the flowers. The competition is not just limited to the Main St but anywhere in Celbridge.

The judging will be done during September and the judge will take into account any comments made here.

So we welcome your comments on the good, bad and ugly and reasons why. No personal comments and be professional with your criticisms. No straying off topic please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

I remember Larry when I was going to primarary school way back, when did he pass on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Larry did pass on, you'll get info on Larry in the two files at this link
    http://www.celbridgetidytowns.com/Larry/

And more info at this link
    http://campbells.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1312

I'd like people to comment on shop/business fronts in this thread so I hope to hear something back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Hi

I had a good look through the village yesterday morning .

The properties that stood out were

Castletown Inn , they always seem to make an effort
    Village Inn , again looks great
    Hogans , very smart indeed.

I would say that Michelangelo's would look nice except for the ugly banner across the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

I agree on the "banner" issue, they do take away from the buildings and some are very ugly indeed.

Advertisement