Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of scotland

Options
  • 02-09-2011 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

I have a mortgage with BOS which was formerly halifax here. Since they've moved everything to scotland now, the letters they send have taken up to 20 days to reach here, reason:- the havent included 'Ireland' at the bottom of the address. I've raised it twice on the phone with them, the last time the person i got through to wouldnt concede that the problem was as a result of the country name not being included, I went through her for a short-cut. Anyway, has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Yep.

I had an important letter with an issue that needed to be resolved in 7 days take 2 weeks to get to me.

Kicked up a huge fuss before I finally got someone who agreed that this was stupid.

Hasnt changed anything about the delayed letters but I was able to get a note on my account about it.

Luckily I was able to sort them out but if I was in any real trouble with them the delay would really cause problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

I rang them back again today, because I found a letter from them dated march 2011 which had 'Ireland' as the last line of the address. It was from an office in leeds, whereas the ones which have been taking so long to arrive come from livingston, Edinburgh. They obviously have me flagged 'nutter', cos the operator was straight out with ' the reason post is slower is cos they've changed to 2nd class post, I was straight out with info from royal mail that international post must bear the country name as last line of address. Anyway, apparently I'd been the only one to complain. In fairness, I've had a bit of a go for my own amusement, but if like you said Ravenlid it was time critical, it would be a much different story.

Advertisement