Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Girl [Fox - Spoilers]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Nick & Jess are takin a while for their relationship to grow & its not looking too bad, glad they did it, as they're 2 head-the-balls, suited to each other, as i dont want this, will they/wont they over mulitple seasons & then bomb badly & affect the series.

I didnt realise Schmidt would go that far when he got those pills as he's already in touch a lot with his feminine side.

Winston to guy in vets, ''does my cat look slutty to you'' its all gonna end badly, although he cant be feline any worse than he already is :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Well, that solves the
    "Where will Coach live?"
    question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Last 2 episodes were great. "You know nothing about drinking!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bobby's Pins

• Advertisement

I emailed keatonpotatoes@aol.com and got "How many times have you seen Multiplicity?" as a response.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I emailed keatonpotatoes@aol.com and got "How many times have you seen Multiplicity?" as a response.

Same. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

What happens when you reply with 25?

I'm simple. I'm like Hemingway.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

Last two episodes were great, Schmidt in the loft on his own at the end was class.

• Advertisement

Oh my God, Taye Diggs knocked that out of the park. He was hysterical.

Oh my God, Taye Diggs knocked that out of the park. He was hysterical.

I woke the baby I laughed so loudly as his foot double stamping the mattress. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great episode. So glad Coach is back. Them having the two loft apartments is great, because it gives them the option to both keep Coach, move CeCe into one of the apartments or potentially introduce a new character if they wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Was Coach always this much of a di*k? Enjoyed it, but he's not the coach I can remember (I think)

I remember him being the wise one of the apartment, don't remember him being such an ass. But hopefully we can blame that on his breakup anxiety.

So much good stuff in this episode. The ridiculous strip-club outfits were a highlight.

I'm seriously still laughing at Taye Diggs.

I dunno about having Coach back, it kinda messes up the ratio, kinda makes it feel like a black TV show.

This post is a reference to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    :pac:

I dunno about having Coach back, it kinda messes up the ratio, kinda makes it feel like a black TV show.

This post is a reference to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    :pac:
    For a minute I was like :mad: and thought our lovely harmonious thread was about to be jeapordised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,984 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Funny ep, now i hear more the merrier,
    Wayans will continue to receive the Heather Locklear treatment and be billed as a “special guest star.”
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Taye Diggs was fantastic! I would love to see Artie again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Diggs was brilliant, didnt like coach, seemed like to much of a self absorbed dickhead, and when he admitted she broke up with him and started crying it just seemed to make it worse, i think their just writing him back in to be nice, theyve had a great dynamic going with the 3 boys and 2 girls, i dont know why they would mess with it TBH, hopefully if hes staying long term they can turn his character back to the one he played in the pilot, cause thats not the coach i remember,

Awesome workout song.

I was a bit Meh this week, Schmidt's made made the episode. Ceecee's small involvement was good too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

My episode was broken in bits. Must watch it again on a better telly.

I just really wanted some pan-fried dumplings after this episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Glad to have Coach back, slightly fills the void of Happy Endings.

I enjoyed that episode.

"Just let me die!"

Schmidt on the couch. :D

That was funny with Schmidt's phone mistranslating The Staples Center 'Damn Plumber Rubber Stamper' :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Some very LOL moments this week! Schmidt and Coach were brilliant together ("Oh good gracious! What are you? A sorcerer?") and I loved Jess' random delirious mumbling ("there are dogs that have dollar signs. That don't even own banks!"). Possibly my favourite episode so far this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

I haven't warmed to Coach yet, I just find him irritating.

Schmidt's whole camping outfit was hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Thought that was the best episode of the season so far but the overall quality of the show has still dropped significantly from season two. I don't mind Coach in small doses but he hasn't worked as a larger part of the show. Same as above, I just find him irritating.

Just the sight of Schmidt in the Indiana hat pretending to track through some sort of jungle had me in stitches :p

Opr

I'm not sure if I'm not warming to Coach because of his personality or because he's the new guy kind of getting in the way but he's not working just yet.

Pretty enjoyable episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I don't feel Coach is adding much to the show. I find him irritating and I really hope him and CeeCee don't work out.

Schmidt as always was brilliant!

Yeah Coach feels like the wrong dynamic for the show & what did he say at the end to jess, it felt forced laughter, sort of reminds me when a character comes into a show midway, it feels like the show has jumped the shark a bit, but as always Schmidt steals the show with his survival kit :D

• Advertisement

Schmidt was fantastic in an episode that was mediocre at best for me. Jess all delirious at the end was funny but it didn't really make semse; it was too much of a gag.

Certainly the weakest thanksgiving episode

Yeah, the episode was weak. There was no real reason for any of them to go along with the camping thing.

That said I did laugh a lot during it. So even a weak episode is better than most other comedies. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

yeah it would have been better if some stayed behind, noting wrong with splitting the group, the big bang theory is the same sometimes keeping them all together to often,

I did like Winston and Cece as friends, they haven't had much interaction before this. I think they could be really funny as a kind of double-act, standing off to the side and commenting on the group doing something stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

don ramo wrote: »
    yeah it would have been better if some stayed behind, noting wrong with splitting the group, the big bang theory is the same sometimes keeping them all together to often,

Don't EVER compare that muck to New Girl!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

I didn't realise that the Thankgiving episode was the last until the New Year. I was quite looking forward to the Christmas episode!

Ugh, it's like a Prince video in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,984 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Linda Cardellini cast in the recurring role of Abby, the sister of Jess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I love Linda C!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

um cece tending bar now?

um cece tending bar now?

It happened last week. A slightly weak bottle episode.

This week's was much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Das Kitty wrote: »
    It happened last week. A slightly weak bottle episode.

This week's was much better.

*smashes head off wall* not every epsiode is bloody bottle episode ffs

*smashes head off wall* not every epsiode is bloody bottle episode ffs
    Ehh...chill?

Last week was a bottle episode. I'm sorry if that offends your sensibilities.

I quite liked this episode. I think Jess struggling to get to know Coach mirrors the audience struggling to get to know him too. He's still very much just "some guy".

The prospect of Winston becoming a cop is definitely something to look forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Last week was a bottle episode.

There were a ton of flashbacks to new material with different characters, settings, wardrobe, etc. While the present timeline was just the main characters in a bar talking, in terms of the content they filmed it was comparable to any other episode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement