Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile

Options
  • 02-09-2011 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi,

I know emobile opperate through the eircom so im putting this post in here :)

I joined emobile billpay broadband just over a month ago and found their customer care very poor! They havent got a clue when you ring! The modem has poor service in my home so i returned it within the 14 days to cancel the account, they sent out a free jiffy bag to return it which I did do. It took nearly two weeks for the bag to arrive, then i got a bill from them and rang them up and they stated that they never got it even though I had a track and trace confirming that they had it back in their store!

at the minute I am now having to keep ringing them, they are telling me that they will call me back yet im still waiting!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

Hi,

I know emobile opperate through the eircom so im putting this post in here :)

I joined emobile billpay broadband just over a month ago and found their customer care very poor! They havent got a clue when you ring! The modem has poor service in my home so i returned it within the 14 days to cancel the account, they sent out a free jiffy bag to return it which I did do. It took nearly two weeks for the bag to arrive, then i got a bill from them and rang them up and they stated that they never got it even though I had a track and trace confirming that they had it back in their store!

at the minute I am now having to keep ringing them, they are telling me that they will call me back yet im still waiting!

Hi PaddyJoe,

Sorry to hear that.

Do you have an account number/embb number you can referrence for me so I can ensure the account is closed off?

Thanks,

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

Hi PaddyJoe,

Sorry to hear that.

Do you have an account number/embb number you can referrence for me so I can ensure the account is closed off?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Im sending you the mobile number by private mail. I have also been charged over 12 euro in a bill which has already been taken from my account!

Hi Paddyjoe,

Just raised this with our cancellations team. Will get you an update shortly.

Thanks,

-Steve

Hi Paddyjoe,

Just raised this with our cancellations team. Will get you an update shortly.

Thanks,

-Steve

Thanks Steve,

Hopefully sooner rather than later as i do not not any more bills when the modem is no longer mine and it wasnt any good with receiption anyways

Thanks Steve,

Hopefully sooner rather than later as i do not not any more bills when the modem is no longer mine and it wasnt any good with receiption anyways

Hi PaddyJoe,

Just as a quick update on this I'm awaiting confirmation that the dongle has been returned to our dispatch centre... Once this is through Ill arrange for the account to be completely closed off.

Sorry for the delay and i'll give you an update on this shortly.

-Steve

• Advertisement

Hi Paddyjoe,

I've got that account closed now and the €12.90 will be refunded to you.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Hi Paddyjoe,

Hope this helps,

Steve

Thanks Steve! Its great I finally got a repsonce!

Hi Paddyjoe,

Hope this helps,

Steve

hi Steve,

Just in relation to that refund you talk about, it has not been refunded as of yet and I have just received another bill in the post for another 10euro. This account has been closed a long time now so I dont know why I am getting further bills and not getting my refund.

Regarrds,.
    Joe

Hi Joe,

Ignore that bill as the account is cancelled. It may have been printed before the a/c was closed off.

Also the request to refund that €12.90 to you was sent to the bank yesterday so it should show up in your account over the coming days.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

Hi Joe,

Ignore that bill as the account is cancelled. It may have been printed before the a/c was closed off.

Also the request to refund that €12.90 to you was sent to the bank yesterday so it should show up in your account over the coming days.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

I feel vindicated,
    this ties in with my experience very closely that Im suprised it didnt come up before.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0910/emobile-meteor-guilty-of-data-legislation-breach.html
    Meteor and eMobile plead guilty to data legislation breaches

Updated: 22:21, Monday, 10 September 2012

Two telecoms companies have pleaded guilty to multiple breaches of data protection legislation at the Dublin District Court.

Two laptops were stolen containing customer's personal data

They have been ordered to pay a total of €30,000 to two charities.

The charges follow the theft of two unencrypted laptops from the office of Eircom Ltd, trading as eMobile, and Meteor Mobile Communications Ltd, trading as Meteor, in Parkwest in Dublin late in 2011 or early in 2012...

Advertisement