Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy plastic pants for cloth nappies?

• 02-09-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble finding plastic pants to go over the cloth nappies of my seventeen-month-old daughter. The ones I have are for 10-14kg, so they're getting a bit small, and are rather torn now.

Does anyone know a shop that sells them, or an online retailer?

EDIT: I did a search before posting, but the threads were several years old, or were recommending more modern all-in-one reusable nappies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I'll check them out. I did a search there before, but maybe I missed something. Part of the problem was that sizes of the pants weren't specified, or that the pants were for training. Not sure whether training pants are suitable for use with nappies before toilet training.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Boots sell them.

Yes, I got the 10-14kg set there. I can't find any more in the one in Jervis Street. But I'll try there again, and ask behind the desk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'd be looking at the PUL wraps/covers rather than the PVC ones - the PUL wraps are more breathable. Thirsties Duo Wraps are terrific as are the Bummis Super Brites. But the ones I love the most are Lollipop Wraps.

There are plenty of places online that ship these. We have bought from Twinkle on the Web and also from Cheeks and Cherries (both are in the UK and a quick google search will give you their websites).

• Advertisement

I'm intrigued. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marifi

You could try this:

littlecomfort.ie

I also find the PUL wraps/covers good (breathable, easier to take on and off).

Thanks, marifi. As it happens, my wife spotted some in Boots today when passing through, so I'm ok again.

I'll definitely look into the PUL ones though. The PVC ones have worked out ok for the last year and a half, I must say (my daughter is blessedly free of rash), but the PVC ones do tear very easily. The PUL ones look much more durable.

Advertisement