Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best way to sell your crafts online

Options
  • 02-09-2011 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I not a lover of developing my own website as it doesn't generate enough traffic.
    Are the craft platforms a good way of selling online or are they too expensive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I would say something like www.etsy.com - that's where I would go to buy it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Hobite

I believe there are couple ways to sell your crafts online.

1. www.etsy.com - Probably most popular site. But they will charge you for uploading a photos.

2. http://en.dawanda.com/ - Have read on internet that dawanda is good too.

3. Have your own Facebook page is good to promote your crafts.

4. Some people can make wonderful blog's. They are for free, so probably you could try too.

5. ebay - myself I do not sell on ebay.

6. Your own website, but as you said, you do not want to create your own website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I have heard that ebay isn't good for selling handmade stuff.
    Granted it was on etsy I heard that, but there's something in their terms and conditions that makes it particularly bad for handmade stuff.

I think overall your best bet is your own blog, an etsy site, possibly an ebay presence and then to go out and try to sell your stuff in person. Handout business cards left, right and centre. Link your blog to twitter and facebook. Post regularly on related topics on the blog.

It's very difficult to just sell online. You need to use offline to push business towards your online, and to have your online there for customers who are interested and talking about you offline. Each one complements and reinforces the other.

It's not easy. It still takes work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 shellyhowell

Try to surf online auction sites

Advertisement