Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration Fee DKIT?? (first year)

Options
  • 02-09-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi I'm due to go to the induction day in DKIT on Wed 7th Sept 2011 as a first year, the forms don't seem to clearly state where/when/how i pay the €2,000 Registration Fee...:O Does anyone that went to/attending DKIT have any idea WHERE/WHEN/HOW i pay?????? THANKS :):confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think they give out a bank giro form (think thats the name!) on the day and you fill that in, I can't remember off hand, but for me for 2nd and 3rd year, when you went to re-register, I simply had to fill out a small section in the forms saying which VEC I was getting the grant from, and my account details etc. And that seemed to take care of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ahwelltryagain

See they have already given me the bank giro for the tuition fees, so you're probably right, they might give me a form on the day for the Reg fees! Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You should only have one giro to pay the whole lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

The giro you have is to pay the €2000, you need to have it complete and take it with you on the induction/registration day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    The giro you have is to pay the €2000, you need to have it complete and take it with you on the induction/registration day.

As above, if you've missed the deadline to pay you'll have to pay a late registration fee and wont be able to register on the induction day.

• Advertisement

You take the giro to the bank (I believe it's AIB) and organise with them to pay it. They stamp all the bits that need stamping and you present the giro stub thingy with the bank stamp on it with your forms (at least that's exactly what I did for last year). There's only one set of fees, which would be registration - the government automatically pays the rest unless you are repeating (I'm assuming you aren't).

So:
    1. Get €2000
    2. Take it to AIB (any branch)
    3. Pay fees, get giro stub stamped and signed
    4. Take with you to induction day with completed forms.

Should be everything :)

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies. Sorry I forgot to mention that I AM a mature student returning to 3rd level for a second time doing a level 8 undergrad again. So I owe roughly €7,500 for tuition fees each year with I'm assuming -no grants. But I then assume that I still owe 2,000 registration fees on top of that? I only got one bank giro for 7,500 and I just assume the reg fees are not included in that. Nothing of the reg fees were really mentioned and no separate giro for the 2,000. It would be amaaazing if the 2,000 is therefore included but i'm pretty sure the 7,500 is just for tuition as I've researched that and now been given the giro for 7,500. I have rang the college and no answer. I'm just not sure as to whether or not I have to somehow know to pay the 2,000 and where. I just don't want to turn up on the induction day next Wed and they were expecting it to be paid when i've recieved no giro or info about paying, and then possibly lose my place(!!):confused:. The site wasn't even that helpful as regards registration fee. All the replies were very helpful as regards the tuition fee, that's exactly what I was going to do with the bank giro :)

Well I've never known anyone to get two seperate giros for paying for college, and know plenty of people who repeated. My friend who is repeating first year of a level 7 course this year has been quoted €4000 in total. She got one giro for that. I can't see repeating a level 8 being €9500, or them sending you out two giros since all the money does in fact go to the college. How long ago did you do your previous level 8?

I think it's safe to assume that the only giro you got is the only one you have to pay, and rather than waiting for confirmation, just go and deal with that one first - take it with you to induction and see what happens. At the date it is now, chances are IF there is another giro, you won't get it in time for registration, so go along with what you do have and say nothing :) All they can do is confirm what you're worried about, in which case you're currently sitting with the exact people you need to discuss it with :)

If you've never heard of two giro's being given that's reassuring! Un-like normal first timer undergrads, I have to pay the full whack of tuition fees (the 7K):eek: because as you know the government pays for tuition for first time degree-rs, ugh! It's so crap. But yeah so I knew that to do general nursing as a non government supported student would be 7k for the nursing. Would they really mean that the 2,000 is actually included in that 7,000 giro i got sent i wonder...because then would they not tell you that nursing was then in fact 5,000 for tuition and then a further 2,000 for registration and send you two giro's? It's all so confusing and no one has gotten back to me at the college. Yeah I feel like you're totally right about the two giro's thing, they would have sent me two if they were regarded as separate fees so it's looking as if they are inclusive in that way..here's to hopin'!! I did my first level 8 degree from 2006-2009.

Someone else there said that they had to fill out bank stuff on the day in registration at the college? Possibly that could be where the 2,000 euro reg fee thing comes in but that seems odd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ToodlyWoodly

Hi ahwelltryagain! I'm going into 2nd year in General Nursing in DkIT. Last year I had to pay the full fees as I had previously done a year in college. I paid €7,500 and the €2,000 for registration WAS included in that! It should still be the same for you I'd imagine :)

• Advertisement

Oh toodlywoodly I could hug you! :D Thank god for that! Wow massive sigh of relief here:):) Thank you for your post it has made my week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ToodlyWoodly

Oh toodlywoodly I could hug you! :D Thank god for that! Wow massive sigh of relief here:):) Thank you for your post it has made my week :pac:

Ah I'm delighted to be the bearer of good news :D You'll love the course!! If you've any questions along the way don't be afraid to ask me :) Best of luck!!

Glad to hear that you're liking it so far, that's a good sign! Based on the prospective curriculum I couldn't wait to start but now i'm really excited to get straight into everything! Aw how nice :) I will certainly thanks a mill toodly woodly! :)

Advertisement