Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to charge question answered.... perhaps... for some.... em... maybe?

• 02-09-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

A little dated (in the last year or so) but heres a rate card and an associated article which could help anyone pondering on the question of freelance rates.

Figures are in Australian Dollars i think so mark down a bit - think about 3/4 of the figure to convert to euro.

Notes it to be more profitable being a photojournalist than a photographer :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Sorry for not contributing, but I had to laugh when I saw the domain:

http://copywritingpublicrelationsadvertisingmarketingsydney.com

I doubt they get a lot of direct traffic, but they sure do have got the keywords sorted!

Surely you'd need to be an amazing photographer in ridiculous amounts of demand before anything even almost remotely near those prices becomes realistic.

I'd love to hear from a real life photographer regarding those prices, because they seem ridiculously inflated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Per hour rate wouldnt be far off that, daily too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Just try and get those print rates from a paper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I can't speak for photojournalists or press work, but those rates (Converted over from AUS$) would not necessarily be that expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Surely you'd need to be an amazing photographer in ridiculous amounts of demand before anything even almost remotely near those prices becomes realistic.

I'd love to hear from a real life photographer regarding those prices, because they seem ridiculously inflated.

I'd agree with Keith and Al, the pricelist isn't far off the going rates once converted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

If I quote those figures to a client I will 99% of the time get the job, especially to commercial clients.

I am a creative element in the job to bring a vision to reality, I know my worth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

kjt wrote: »
    I'd agree with Keith and Al, the pricelist isn't far off the going rates once converted.

It depends on the work of course, but I'd consider them to be on the cheaper end of the scale when converted over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 christopher copywriter

Sorry for not contributing, but I had to laugh when I saw the domain:

http://copywritingpublicrelationsadvertisingmarketingsydney.com

I doubt they get a lot of direct traffic, but they sure do have got the keywords sorted!

I wonder if you think that it's difficult to book mark or subscribe to your favorite blogs.. Typing a url is dull. There are many other ways to find a website.

We recieve on average over 60 hits per day. I'm happy to post the stats to you. We've had over 600 hits in a single day.

People know what we do and where we do it through our url and it ranks quite well on google for our defined keywords.

I guess we could try to simplify the url and see what happens, to see if more people need to remember the url to find a site, we have hundreds of subscribers and who would complain with 60 readers a day?
    (We only post once or twice per month.)

And... we get to amuse you! ;-)

I'm glad you enjoyed our article.

Warm regards,

christopher copywriter
    on facebook
    our blog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

I wonder if you think that it's difficult to book mark or subscribe to your favorite blogs.. Typing a url is dull. There are many other ways to find a website.

We recieve on average over 60 hits per day. I'm happy to post the stats to you. We've had over 600 hits in a single day.

People know what we do and where we do it through our url and it ranks quite well on google for our defined keywords.

I guess we could try to simplify the url and see what happens, to see if more people need to remember the url to find a site, we have hundreds of subscribers and who would complain with 60 readers a day?
    (We only post once or twice per month.)

And... we get to amuse you! ;-)

I'm glad you enjoyed our article.

Warm regards,

christopher copywriter
    on facebook
    our blog.

I didn't mean any menace in my comment. I work in the field, so I know how frustrating it can to get a succinct domain name. And there a benefits to having your keywords right in the domain name too. It is just a bit of a mouthful and longer than than the average domain length by a good bit.

You are also right that a lot of traffic will come from means other than direct type ins - particularly from search, but even repeat visitors may come from RSS or bookmarks.

There is no doubt benefit to having a short domain. Direct type in's is one. Another, which should be close to your heart, is advertising. Having to put copywritingpublicrelationsadvertisingmarketingsydney.com on a business card or tell someone on the street about a blog post you have "Yeah just go to copywriting public relations advertising marketing sydney .com" would be less than optimal.

Your other business domain (christophercopywriter.com) would of course be much better suited for that purpose, and is probably what you refer to more often. Personally, I would have hosted the blog under this domain name (/blog subdirectory). A Google search for "copyrighting advertising marketing sydney" returns christophercopywriter.com before the long domain anyhow. I feel the long domain dilutes the relationship between your blog and your services, and puts more of a hurdle between finding out about those services. At the same time, is does make the blog a seperate entity, so maybe that is your objective.

Anyhow, I'm veering far off topic. Thanks for the enjoyable blog.

• Advertisement
Advertisement