Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window Locks

Options
  • 02-09-2011 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I need to get locks put on upstairs windows in my house in C'land Court, for safety for the children.
    Has anyone does this and any advice on what's best?
    There are locks on them but UNFORTUNATLEY there were no keys left, we did contact the builder at the time, but no surprise that he wasn't that bothered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Window locks are a tough issue to deal with it comes to children's safety and also fire safety. Locks that children can't easily open preventing a fall from height, but easy enough to open in the event of a fire - There is an obvious trade-off here on which is more important and ease of use.

I have used these locks from Ikea. They are good as you can open the window enough to air the room, but if you want to fully open the window, for cleaning say, the catch at the end is quite difficult to squeeze together. Remember, always have a fire escape plan.

patrull-window-catch__32458_PE122431_S4.jpg

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement