Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to work out the marks you got in your oral

• 02-09-2011 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I'm going into view my papers today from the LC. I did irish and french..both at HL. I was wondering how you figure out the marks you got in your oral, or is it possible. Even though I did higher maths I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it!!:pac::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

I'm actually wondering how to do it too. I don't think it's written down on your answer booklet so I don't know how I'll see what I got it in. I was very disappointed with Irish and I thought I did an amazing oral. I would love to know if you can see what you got it in.>>>>>
    Does anyone know if you see what you got in it?

Plus you can't bring a calculator in with you, which sucks! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Easy.

Add your marks from P1, P2 and the Listening and then subtract from the total marks you were awarded for Irish.

Easy.

Add your marks from P1, P2 and the Listening and then subtract from the total marks you were awarded for Irish.

But won't your total marks on your scrips just be from P1 P2 and aural?? Still confused.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Sir123 wrote: »
    But won't your total marks on your scrips just be from P1 P2 and aural?? Still confused.....
    I'm fairly sure the total mark would be available somewhere. Otherwise, how else would you know how far you are from the next grade?

I'm fairly sure the total mark would be available somewhere. Otherwise, how else would you know how far you are from the next grade?

Hopefully. I need to know badly. I hope they added it up wrong or something, but knowing my luck they didn't. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mia_xx

See that's the thing, I don't think they give you your total mark?? So then there's no way of figuring it out is there?

mia_xx wrote: »
    See that's the thing, I don't think they give you your total mark?? So then there's no way of figuring it out is there?

Hopefully they wrote it all down out of 600. If not it's out of 450 ??

I was talking to a girl who viewed her papers las year and all she saw was the total for P1 and 2 and the oral! There's no way to know then is there? You can only figure out that it's in a range.

I was talking to a girl who viewed her papers las year and all she saw was the total for P1 and 2 and the oral! There's no way to know then is there? You can only figure out that it's in a range.

Sorry paper 1,2 and aural not oral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

Note all of the marks you got in paper 1, paper 2 and the aural anyway. You'll be able to figure out the oral mark then if they tell you your total mark out of whatever it is, 600 or something like that for Irish. If they don't tell you that, then rebel!! :D I want to know what I got in my orals too but teachers usually say you never find out. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement