Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verifier 24 Alarm

Options
  • 02-09-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Everybody, looking for some advice if possible...

I have a Verifier 24 alarm installed, installed by previous owner but over the last few days having a problem that could do with some help.

1. Electricity went off
    2. When electricity came back on system would not accept code, figured out that battery was dead and I changed this and this seemed to sort the problem, but when I went to put in my code, wouldn't accept it and seems to have reset to factory defaults.
    3. From the forum i found the default code (01122) and engineers code (01278), neither of these seems to work and come up as invalid code.
    4. Error on the screen is saying *Warm Start* Contact CS*
    5. Rang company, they said they didn't know what the problem is but would send out someone Monday for €120 (for the first half hour???)

Appreciate any help here or pointers in the right direction...

Thks :)
    Gav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

1010 and 1020 are the default codes

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

gavmancars wrote: »
    5. Rang company, they said they didn't know what the problem is but would send out someone Monday for €120 (for the first half hour???)
    If they don't know whats wrong how are they going to know how to fix it??:rolleyes:
    €120 for half an hour? :eek:
    Ring someone else.

Shop around. Check out the PSA register here
    http://www.psa.gov.ie/Website/psa/psa.nsf/8323CBA191C013C880257143002C9E9D/$File/Installer%20(Intruder%20Alarm)%20Licence%20Holders%20(02-09-2011).pdf
    And search for companies close to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gavmancars

Thks Jnealon..I'll try them and see if i have any luck!

KoolKid---My Thoughts exactly!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi Everybody, looking for some advice if possible...

I have a Verifier 24 alarm installed, installed by previous owner but over the last few days having a problem that could do with some help.

1. Electricity went off
    2. When electricity came back on system would not accept code, figured out that battery was dead and I changed this and this seemed to sort the problem, but when I went to put in my code, wouldn't accept it and seems to have reset to factory defaults.
    3. From the forum i found the default code (01122) and engineers code (01278), neither of these seems to work and come up as invalid code.
    4. Error on the screen is saying *Warm Start* Contact CS*

Appreciate any help here or pointers in the right direction...

Thks :)
    Gav

The system has defaulted back to factory setting and needs to be reprogrammed. If you need an engineer manual let us know. €120 for an half hours work is a rip off. I would rather try doing it yourself before paying that.
    If you get stuck you will get all the help you need here.

I'd recommend getting the alarm serviced, it has probably served you well and owes you nothing at this stage

• Advertisement

If you get yourself a multimeter you could service the system yourself and still have change out of there half hour call out :D

Just shop around for a better price

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thks Jnealon..I'll try them and see if i have any luck!

KoolKid---My Thoughts exactly!!!:D
    Jnealon wrote: »
    Just shop around for a better price

I think thats his plan...
    No to mention finding a company that knows what the problem is.:rolleyes:

Hi All...unfortunatley none of the codes will let me access any menu...all come up up with INVALID CODE!

Not giving up though.....altor...if you have an engineers manual i would appreciate if you could send on a link...thks

TBH...i think the system works fine, i check it periodically to ensure sensors are working and the only fault has being the battery....didn't think it would reset itself completely though!
    Gav

Hi All...unfortunatley none of the codes will let me access any menu...all come up up with INVALID CODE!

Not giving up though.....altor...if you have an engineers manual i would appreciate if you could send on a link...thks

TBH...i think the system works fine, i check it periodically to ensure sensors are working and the only fault has being the battery....didn't think it would reset itself completely though!
    Gav

Sent you a P.M

• Advertisement

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dev_lee

Hope someone can help me..

I have a Verifier Alarm and the other night the alarm went off - it came up as I system error I turned the alarm off and now when I set the alarm (its sets no problem) but has a flashing red light - which means system partially set.

Would anyone know whats wrong?

Thanks!

Could be an problem with the board. Have you tested any of the sensors to make sure it is setting the zones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cbojane

Hello there
    I have a Verifier 24 alarm system installed in my house and one day the code would just not de-activate the alarm and the siren will not stop ringing. I tried the code several times and nothing happened so I called the guys who installed my alarm system G4Securicor (Luxembourg) they came and disconnected the alarm system saying it is a problem. They cannot tell me what the problem was but they propose me to buy another complete alarm system which I found it weird. They claim an electricity variation (intensity, voltage) due to the bad weather damaging the system but there was absolutely no bad weather and I never had such fluctuations in my house ever. I am wondering how can I proceed in this case as I do not have too much information available. Maybe if I can ask for an Engineer Manual do you think will help me? Thanks for helping me here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Stevebyrne

Hi i'm looking for the engineers manual for the europlex Verifier 24 .house alarm system ....can anyone help.... Thanks Steve.

Stevebyrne wrote: »
    Hi i'm looking for the engineers manual for the europlex Verifier 24 .house alarm system ....can anyone help.... Thanks Steve.

Are you having issues with the alarm?

Advertisement