Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swords CC Sportive 2011?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Thousands we hope! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I'll try again.
    How many cyclists did this event last year??

I think there were 40 or 50 taking part last year.

The group will be split. A "FAST" group (30Klm Average) and a "SLOW" group (28Klm Average)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

See!!
    That wasn't so hard, was it?
    Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

07Lapierre wrote: »
    I think there were 40 or 50 taking part last year.

The group will be split. A "FAST" group (30Klm Average) and a "SLOW" group (28Klm Average)

The "SLOW" group should be given hi-vis vests with "WARNING SLOW CYCLISTS" printed on the back :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    The "SLOW" group should be given hi-vis vests with "WARNING SLOW CYCLISTS" printed on the back :D:D:D
    whats size are you lusk we will make sure we will save you one :rolleyes:
    not goin to make it myself might try and catch up with you round lunch time

Excellent idea!...what size are you LD? Small? :p

whats size are you lusk we will make sure we will save you one :rolleyes:
    not goin to make it myself might try and catch up with you round lunch time

Ah, touche!
    Excellent idea!...what size are you LD? Small? :p

You sir, are going to be brought out the back of the pack on a climb and dropped! That's my new ride motto. Like the club website says "Split the bunch!" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pgd-pgd

Just in from a spin up the Man O war and the Bog Berg. Very Windy and bleak around there today , hope the rain holds off at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

I've never used the 'follow course' feature on my garmin (205) before, what sort of info is shown on the screen?
    I've successfully uploaded the route to the 205 so I presume I select 'do this route' at the sportive start, but what will I see onscreen?
    I believe there's not much detail on the screen for courses just a line of 'breadcrumbs' to follow and not much more?

CPL 593H

There is a slight change to this years route ( details at the sign on). Even than i wouldn't depend on your garmin, as there may be diversions on the day. (e g roadworks). The route will be marked anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

yerra i was in the 'slow' group last year, but i will upgrade this year. but we were not slow. more lost than slow !!!!

deserves more numbers as it is a great circuit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Bugger, down with a dose of the Flu since Tues, not been able to shift it enough to take part :(

If we get the same weather tomorrow, should be a great day for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Wife sick so I'm on children duties. Its lashing here now. Watched the rugby (recorded) and it was fairly uninspirational. Getting grief from kids to watch the Worlds cos I already watched the rugby and it's their turn for CBBies. Need more than one telly, this is ridiculous.

I loved the "EVIL" that was sprayed on the hill from greenanstown towards the naul! The :) that accompanied it was funny! 14% is evil indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Tough route. I badly need a sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Tough one alright.
    Saw 2 or 3 boards jerseys but didn't get a chance to say hello.
    Pity we didn't get yesterday's weather! :(

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

That was very tough alright. Was dizzy by the end of it. The button I have on my saddle which opens the heavens worked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭thereturn

Does anyone have a link to the route covered as looking to do it myself? Couldn't do it on Sunday which was a pity. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭thereturn

Advertisement