Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity Funny Story

Options
  • 02-09-2011 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

So I had a bill of €157.54 and was away for the month of July and forgot to pay.

I got a message to say my bill was overdue and to call a number.

So I did and I offered to pay over the phone with my card, the lady charged €157.00 on my account for some reason.

It was all well and good until this morning when I got a message saying my account was overdue (to the fine tune of €0.54) and that my electricity supply was going to be cut off if I didnt settle my bill.

So I rang them and I was informed that there is a credit card charge of €5 to clear the bill!!

So I politely told them to sit on their thumb and I am officially a bad-ass for not settling my bill. I hope I am not cut off. Shower of ****ing [EMAIL="w@ankers"]w@ankers[/EMAIL]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

bord gais were the same with me. with the days my pay day fell on it was one day outside their due date. we paid it 1 day after the date, following day we got a letter stating our bill was overdue and at risk of been cut off.

anyways i knew there was a crossed wire with payments and billing etc so i gave it no heed however 2 weeks later another more threatening letter came in stating that we were not paid and we would get cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

I'll never pay a cent or even look at Airtricity either.

They send hordes of Airtricity sales men and women at my door who call around as late as 8 or 9PM. And we weren't impressed with the tactics of one individual who put his foot in the door of my last house-mate when she said she wasnt interested.
    If Airtricity hires people like that, its a good sign to stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

daddydick Watch your language - swearing is a breach of forum etiquette.

Warning to all posters - stick to the original topic or do not post. This is not to be a thread for Airtricity rep bashing.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

Sorry Daddy, I wont curse again.

How is it bashing Airtricity, the fact of the matter is they are retards*

*for the simple reason that they have just lost a customer who pays approx €2,000 per annum to them for the sake of €0.54, when it was originally their fault that the didnt charge it on my card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Wouldn't surprise me if Airtricity would send the yellow van out to disconnect you for a debt of .54c...

Been waiting 4 months on a payment card from them, after numerous promises that one was being printed for me as we spoke and put in an envelope... I still get their bills :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

They came to my door yesterday, told them i'm not interested. He said your not interested in saving 15% off your bill? Told him yes I was, but not interested in all the **** about billing from your lot that I have read about.
    Thats why I stayed with ESB, €10 a week paid at the PO and no **** off them. Bye. And shut the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Reason is I have stayed with ESB is that I have no confidence in the way Airtricity operate their billing - have heard way too many horror stories to trust them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

daddydick - infracted for continued abusive language.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MikeR

Yeah sure Airtricity had some problems with billing, but many companies also have billing problems.:eek:

I know a friend who had a billing problem with Airtricity, but they sorted it.

I know it annoying getting letters and calls re 54cent:mad:, but its a computurised system, yes it needs works, but I think they are trying their best.

Remember they are the first company to offer real choice:D, but if your not happy, contact them, have it out with them.

I think they will do anything to reduce the bad press....hopefully not cut you off......;)

who is perfect?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 horse10

had a guy call to the door to change from bord gais ,not sure what to do ,any suggestions ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Donal26

MikeR wrote: »
    Yeah sure Airtricity had some problems with billing, but many companies also have billing problems.:eek:

I know a friend who had a billing problem with Airtricity, but they sorted it.

I know it annoying getting letters and calls re 54cent:mad:, but its a computurised system, yes it needs works, but I think they are trying their best.

Remember they are the first company to offer real choice:D, but if your not happy, contact them, have it out with them.

I think they will do anything to reduce the bad press....hopefully not cut you off......;)

who is perfect?

Airtricity are have in fact taken over NTL's old mantel as the worst organised company in the country. I have had billing problems consistently for about six months. My advice is to avoid at all costs, the constant bull**** is not worth savings that last one year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

horse10 wrote: »
    had a guy call to the door to change from bord gais ,not sure what to do ,any suggestions ??

I wouldn't swap to them because they normally look to have a years contract and I will never sign up to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I was with them and they were a shambles in billing. After 1 month of lodging a complaint, following their process on the website, asking for more senior people - as I was told to do (by their process) which they refused to follow. I eventually left without a penalty clause, with their say so.

Also to note, I've never had an issue with NTL that wasn't sorted to my satisfaction. (Other than hold times at the call centre).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I changed from ESB to Airtricity at the start of the year, after a lot of hassle with missed bills etc I changed back to ESB.
    Airtricity can be cheaper IF you get the billing right, but for me it was a nightmare and too much hassle for the amount that you might save.
    Incidentally their parent company Scottish and Southern Energy was fined in the UK recently for doorstep misselling.
    I don't like the way that they do business TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,632 ✭✭✭Tow

Donal26 wrote: »
    Airtricity are have in fact taken over NTL's old mantel as the worst organised company in the country.

Certainly looks like it. We just got our first bill after switching before summer, it is for 4 months, estimated and for the guts of €790.:eek:

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Why are people and sometimes even the Moderator let saying alot of bad stuff on hear about Airtricity when boards.ie have no problem takening money from Airtricity to advertise on hear?

lala88 wrote: »
    Why are people and sometimes even the Moderator let saying alot of bad stuff on hear about Airtricity when boards.ie have no problem takening money from Airtricity to advertise on hear?

Advertising on boards is totally separate to the forums and that is how it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Why are people and sometimes even the Moderator let saying(sic) alot of bad stuff on hear(sic) about Airtricity when boards.ie have no problem takening (sic) money from Airtricity to advertise on hear(sic) ?

It's called freedom of speech, or freedom of expression. Great to see it alive and well.

Delancey wrote: »
    Advertising on boards is totally separate to the forums and that is how it should be.

Well when it comes to advertising i would think you would want to keep the companys that advertise with you you would try and not give them a bad name

It's called freedom of speech, or freedom of expression. Great to see it alive and well.

Is no freedom of speech not one of the ''rules''?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Thread title is misleading.

Airtricity Boring Story should be the title.

No funnies in it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Just keep putting in one meter reading every month and the bills should be OK, I had problems in the past with them but once I sorted it out iv had no problems since.

Is no freedom of speech not one of the ''rules''?

That is correct - there are rules about libel/defamation , rules about promoting law-breaking , racism , etc .
    That said users should feel free to discuss their negative experiences with various businesses .
    The day that boards starts censoring threads/posts for fear of offending advertisers is the day that I ( and I suspect a lot of other users ) will stop posting here.

Censoring to keep advertisers happy would be the death of boards.ie.

Delancey wrote: »
    That is correct - there are rules about libel/defamation , rules about promoting law-breaking , racism , etc .
    That said users should feel free to discuss their negative experiences with various businesses .
    The day that boards starts censoring threads/posts for fear of offending advertisers is the day that I ( and I suspect a lot of other users ) will stop posting here.

Censoring to keep advertisers happy would be the death of boards.ie.

Not being an expert on the subject of advertising but i would assume thats where boards.ie make money is it not? If a company thinks where there advertising is bad for them will they not stop paying and maybe other compnays aswell? I know this is gone a bit off subject but i just taught i ask

Advertisement