Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the status regarding your August 22nd FNAC order?

Options
  • 02-09-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Just wondering how people who ordered Touchpads off FNAC on August 22nd got on.
    Note: This is for August 22nd orders only, presumably all orders yesterday are or will be cancelled.

What is your status regarding your August 22nd FNAC order? 42 votes

I ordered a 32GB Touchpad and status is received or sent
    0% 0 votes
    I ordered a 32GB Touchpad and status is "Commande en préparation" or similar
    16% 7 votes
    I ordered a 32GB Touchpad and status is cancelled (by FNAC)
    4% 2 votes
    I ordered a 32GB Touchpad and status is cancelled (by me)
    11% 5 votes
    I ordered a 16GB Touchpad and status is received or sent
    0% 0 votes
    I ordered a 16GB Touchpad and status is "Commande en préparation" or similar
    7% 3 votes
    I ordered a 16GB Touchpad and status is cancelled (by FNAC)
    57% 24 votes
    I ordered a 16GB Touchpad and status is cancelled (by me)
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No idea what this is in relation to,
    I'm assuming however that people ordered an item due to a pricing error and are hoping they get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Cabaal wrote: »
    No idea what this is in relation to,
    I'm assuming however that people ordered an item due to a pricing error and are hoping they get it.
    It is about the HP touchpads which were greatly reduced in price making them sell out everywhere in hours. many people ordered them from this particular site and are now wondering if their orders will be honoured considering the great shortage of the touchpads now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Their facebook says basically they only have a few 32s and if somehow (lol) these don't get taken up they will offer to the 16 queue.

I don't really know why they haven't cancelled the outstanding orders.

Really peeved as completely sat on sidelines for the Argos thing thinking I had definitely bagged one. Considering getting one from the states 230 usd delivered but lack of 3g is stopping me.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

Good to see at least some people got Touchpads (7), but most seem to be in the limbo that is "Commande en préparation"

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

i've not received mine yet its still in transit after a dhl messup. they sent it to Netherlands first and then was in limbo in Brussels for 3 days and is now on a boat to Dublin, i hope.

My order was on 22nd, 8:45 is the time on the email if thats any help to anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 akeady

Mine was delivered last Wednesday, but to neighbours as I was on holidays. I'll get it this evening ;-)

Thanks FNAC and boards.ie!
    ATB,
    A.

Just wondering how people who ordered Touchpads off FNAC on August 22nd got on.
    Note: This is for August 22nd orders only, presumably all orders yesterday are or will be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

GinjaNinja wrote: »
    i've not received mine yet its still in transit after a dhl messup. they sent it to Netherlands first and then was in limbo in Brussels for 3 days and is now on a boat to Dublin, i hope.

My order was on 22nd, 8:45 is the time on the email if thats any help to anyone

I don't think the 3 days in Brussels is a mess up, mine was like that as well & I rang DHL last Thursday. They said it generally takes 3 days to clear & they said I would have it the day after. It went to Dublin overnight, was in Shannon by 08:30 on Friday and I had it by 10:30.

All thanks for Boards.ie bargain alerts and fnac.com :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Got an email - FNAC have finally cancelled order but have 100 euro coupon toward another tablet. Details to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Old_-_School This isn't a Consumer Issue, plus you had the same thread closed in Bargain Alerts.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement