Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2011-12 Saves Thread

• 02-09-2011 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭

We have a thread for spectacular goals, and I searched and was unable to find one for saves.

I'll kick this thread off with the following peach:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Someone will just throw in a De Gea howler wont they?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Someone will just throw in a De Gea howler wont they?

No, because that would be off-topic/trolling. Which would be sad, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ryan Thompson against Partizan. Don't have a clip to hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Thought this was a brilliant peno save from Woj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

That was a fantastic one from the peno.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This thread can be closed as soon as someone posts a Richard Dunne/Shay Given compilation from the Russia game. Unreal stuff this evening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stovelid wrote: »
    Ryan Thompson against Partizan. Don't have a clip to hand.

First clip here, needs a real time run through to do it justice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Rogers vs Bray few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

In fairness I think we can all say that was our favourite save! It was such a shock that David Seaman came back to play for Arsenal, they reverted back to their old kit, and ended up playing against Sheffield United and he pulls of that amazing save, I remember 8 years ago he pulled of a great save... It was pretty much the same as that actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This falls in between 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 but I don't think it deserved a thread of its own. I wouldn't describe it as spectacular either but it's still bloody good! This is why keepers have to stay on their feet as long as they can. Bit of a debate whether it went over the line at the end though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hope Solo is gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ye've got yer beautiful women thread, can we talk football instead?! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It does go over the line imo, but you could claim it's because of a foul on the keeper. If it's a cross or corner and the player barges into the keeper with a hand on the ball, a free out would be given..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Advertisement