Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!! new pup wont walk on lead

• 02-09-2011 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

hi, i recently got a new pup around 2 months ago. for the first week or 2 i didnt walk him as he was very small but after about 2 weeks i got him on the lead and as soon as we got outside the door he just lay there.( he runs around outside with out the lead no problem) inside he is perfectly happy and fine in the back garden running!! anyone have any experience or advice on this?? thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Clip the lead on him in the house and let him run around with it on so he gets used to it. Lots of praise and treats when it's on and he'll get used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

Give him time,lead is new to him. As said clip the lead on him around the house. When you feel he's ok with it, walk him outside,dont force him the first time.
    When you get him out if he sits down just let him, give him some time to take everything in.
    Repeat this everyday, have kibble in your pocket and try coax him a little further everyday.

As said plenty of praise and paitence.

Good luck:D

Advertisement