Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer

Options
  • 02-09-2011 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭

I have been banned from the soccer forum for apparently abusing a fellow poster, who, unbenknownst to me, had a disability - as I do myself.

I made some off the cuff remark to the poster in reply to one of their posts, and as a result, have been banned from the soccer forum(unfairly in my view).

The main issue I have with the ban is: how am I supposed to have known that the poster has a disability(this is the internet after all)? I was unaware of this. I thought the poster was himself, being abusive towards another poster, which is why I reported it.

I feel I have been banned unfairly and would appreciate it if the ban could be reviewed/lifted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I have been banned from the soccer forum for apparently abusing a fellow poster, who, unbenknownst to me, had a disability - as I do myself.
    I made some off the cuff remark to the poster in reply to one of their posts, and as a result, have been banned from the soccer forum(unfairly in my view).
    The main issue I have with the ban is: how am I supposed to have known that the poster has a disability(this is the internet after all)? I was unaware of this. I thought the poster was himself, being abusive towards another poster, which is why I reported it.
    I feel I have been banned unfairly and would appreciate it if the ban could be reviewed/lifted.

Well, looking at the thread, efb stated openly that he was in hospital awaiting surgery for hydrocephalus. You then stated to another poster who was offering sympthies,
    The poster hasnt got a brain in the first place - you need one to have that condition.

Frankly, I don't think your account of what happened matches well with the source material in the thread, and it seems to be a very clear-cut case of you breaking the soccer forum's charter in a very straightforward way. I don't see any grounds to lift it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Sparks wrote: »
    Well, looking at the thread, efb stated openly that he was in hospital awaiting surgery for hydrocephalus. You then stated to another poster who was offering sympthies,

Frankly, I don't think your account of what happened matches well with the source material in the thread, and it seems to be a very clear-cut case of you breaking the soccer forum's charter in a very straightforward way. I don't see any grounds to lift it.

Could you post a link to the thread in question so I can have a look back over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Advertisement