Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North East College / Cyber Academy ??

Options
  • 02-09-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi.

I'm looking to do a web design course in Drogheda area and came across these people in Donore Business Park.

http://www.northeastcollege.ie/

Initially the site looks good but a lot of the links are broken which seems kinda odd for a supposed 'Adobe Authorised Training Centre'.

I drove down to the business park but couldn't find any trace of them. No signs or hint of where they are situated.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of this college? I'd appreciate any feedback.

I haven't tried to call them yet as I wanted to see if anyone here had any info.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

maximus02 wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm looking to do a web design course in Drogheda area and came across these people in Donore Business Park.

Initially the site looks good but a lot of the links are broken which seems kinda odd for a supposed 'Adobe Authorised Training Centre'.

I drove down to the business park but couldn't find any trace of them. No signs or hint of where they are situated.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of this college? I'd appreciate any feedback.

I haven't tried to call them yet as I wanted to see if anyone here had any info.

Thanks in advance.

no knowledge of the college as such but wouldn't go near them based on the state of the site

have u tried http://www.louthnightclasses.ie/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, Cyber Academy sounds like such a cool place. Like a base for superhackers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lisa007

Oh no, they only just moved premises and obviously settling down, I did a web design course with them 3 months ago, it was brilliant! I got certified with 4 weeks. I will say the instructor was extremly Knowledgeable!
    Maybe you should try check them out again -Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Thanks Lisa.

It's interesting that you just registered and made this your first post.

Any connection with organisation in question by any chance???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lisa007

Hi there,
    Yes, I do know them as a student. I will actually inform them about this thread on Monday. I was doing a Google search for courses they offer now as I got a text message from the college that they have moved premises, expanding and have recently changed their name, in the text message, there was no domain name, that was why I did a Google search to find their website, and behold, this link came up. I felt this was not true about the college, I clicked reply to the thread but was prompted to register before I can reply. I have known them for about three years now, I did ECDL and later went back for a web design course. FAS, Partnership, local unemployment in Drogheda use them to train clients. My Fee was actually paid by social welfare; all you need to do is to find out from one of these bodies about Cyber Academy.

• Advertisement

lisa007 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Yes, I do know them as a student. I will actually inform them about this thread on Monday. I was doing a Google search for courses they offer now as I got a text message from the college that they have moved premises, expanding and have recently changed their name, in the text message, there was no domain name, that was why I did a Google search to find their website, and behold, this link came up. I felt this was not true about the college, I clicked reply to the thread but was prompted to register before I can reply. I have known them for about three years now, I did ECDL and later went back for a web design course. FAS, Partnership, local unemployment in Drogheda use them to train clients. My Fee was actually paid by social welfare; all you need to do is to find out from one of these bodies about Cyber Academy.

You could use your web design course skills to fix up their website :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Hi.

Thanks in advance.

You're seriously contemplating doing a web design course at a "college" that's website is full of broken links? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

doncarlos wrote: »
    You're seriously contemplating doing a web design course at a "college" that's website is full of broken links? :eek:

That's the reason I started this thread.

My initial reaction was to just ignore them and look elsewhere. I thought exactly the same that these guys must be useless.

I was just curious if anyone else had any comment or had any experience of this "college". I think this is quite legitimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

my son(14)has done 2 courses there 1 was web design and the other was games design and he found the courses good and the teachers good as well so i wouldnt have a problem going there myself or sending him again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

sent youngfella to it to do photoshop course, and wasnt impressed with the results, could have thought him what he came out with in 10mins, would steer clear, seems more of a multicultural center, with christian leaflets floating about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 peacetalk

Hi.

Thanks in advance.
    Dear Maximus02,
    I am a representative of Northeast College, this thread was brought to our notice by some well wishers. I sincerely apologise on behalf of the college for the bad experience you had.
    We recently moved to a new premises, and only just settled down. We still have some teething problems obviously, which we are working on.
    Our website is currently being updated with new information/courses. Please bear with us. Thank you for your understanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

peacetalk wrote: »
    Dear Maximus02,
    I am a representative of Northeast College, this thread was brought to our notice by some well wishers. I sincerely apologise on behalf of the college for the bad experience you had.
    We recently moved to a new premises, and only just settled down. We still have some teething problems obviously, which we are working on.
    Our website is currently being updated with new information/courses. Please bear with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Your sentence structure is a lot like "Lisa007's". Long paragraphs and loads of commas. Strange that.

peacetalk wrote: »
    Dear Maximus02,

in fairness this post is a month old and still the links on the site are broken...that's a 2 minute job to fix :eek:

Advertisement