Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not able to pick my 3rd/4th Arts subject?

Options
  • 02-09-2011 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I went into SISweb to pick my 3rd/4th subjects. I got an email telling me I could do it from 11am today but nothing comes up under the Subject/Streams when I check it. I emailed UCD but they haven't responded.:confused:

172990.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If you emailed the student desk don't expect a response for 3-4 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭WatchOut

If you emailed the student desk don't expect a response for 3-4 days.

I did email the student desk, is there any one else up there I can email who will listen faster?:eek: I don't wanna go up and not even have my modules picked :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is it possible you need to register to 20 credits minimum for your two main subjects before they let you choose additional subject streams? Just a thought. They changed the Arts course this year so I don't really know.

Is it possible you need to register to 20 credits minimum for your two main subjects before they let you choose additional subject streams? Just a thought. They changed the Arts course this year so I don't really know.

I tried to register for 20 credits for one of my subjects and when I went to choose what time I wanted on the timetable, it wouldn't let me choose any or register a time either. I pretty much feel screwed. :/

Why wouldn't it let you? Was there a timetable conflict? Did you try changing your other seminar/tutorial times around?

• Advertisement

Why wouldn't it let you? Was there a timetable conflict? Did you try changing your other seminar/tutorial times around?

Nope, I have the timetables chosen for the modules that UCD assigned to me, but nothing else. And none of those modules has the X beside it that means it conflicts with something else. I'll probably have to ring the college or something.

Register to the modules anyway and don't worry about the tutorials for now. See if doing this opens up the other subject streams.

Register to the modules anyway and don't worry about the tutorials for now. See if doing this opens up the other subject streams.

No that's my problem, it wont let me register to any other modules either. I was able to choose my timetable for the tutorials for my pre-assigned modules but that was it.

Just to confirm, you are clicking on "select module", another window with module details is opening and you are clicking on "register", yeah? And this doesn't work?

Just to confirm, you are clicking on "select module", another window with module details is opening and you are clicking on "register", yeah? And this doesn't work?

When I do click on 'select module', it does open up another window but there is no 'Register' button beneath all the info about the module.

• Advertisement

That's weird. You should definitely ring the student desk.

Advertisement