Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange First Bill

Options
  • 02-09-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have justed moved in to an apartment that did not have a phone line connected up before I moved in (wiring done but not connected up). I applied on line for a new line conncection and a broadband package (picked the NGB 24mb broadband only package). The line has been installed and I am waiting for the broadband to be activated (waiting just over a week now).

I registered with "My Eircom" and it shows my first bill as €86.21??? and that my package is "eircom talktime chatter" and "Broadband Home Starter".
    Yet I :-
    A, Did not order any voice package and
    B, The Eircom site and a few others say that my phone line is ok for 24mb NGB

When I called up, after the line was connected, to make sure that the boradband order was going through the person in the call center said that he was not sure what package I could get so he said he would sign me up for the basic NGB package (broadband only) and that I should try this out for a day or two and call back if I wanted to get it increased.

So what have Eircom signed me up for exactly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

limpdd wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have justed moved in to an apartment that did not have a phone line connected up before I moved in (wiring done but not connected up). I applied on line for a new line conncection and a broadband package (picked the NGB 24mb broadband only package). The line has been installed and I am waiting for the broadband to be activated (waiting just over a week now).

I registered with "My Eircom" and it shows my first bill as €86.21??? and that my package is "eircom talktime chatter" and "Broadband Home Starter".
    Yet I :-
    A, Did not order any voice package and
    B, The Eircom site and a few others say that my phone line is ok for 24mb NGB

When I called up, after the line was connected, to make sure that the boradband order was going through the person in the call center said that he was not sure what package I could get so he said he would sign me up for the basic NGB package (broadband only) and that I should try this out for a day or two and call back if I wanted to get it increased.

So what have Eircom signed me up for exactly?

Hi limpdd
    Can you PM me your new tel number and I can check this for you.
    It is likely that the package online had as a package the 'talktime chatter' package as standard. The broadband package you ordered online most likely is bundled with talktime chatter offer, which actually works out cheaper than line and broadband sold seperatley.
    I would imagine any extra charges are part period charges, these are charges which would not have been included in your first bill.
    Pm the number and can confirm what package you have.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Hi limpdd
    Can you PM me your new tel number and I can check this for you.
    It is likely that the package online had as a package the 'talktime chatter' package as standard. The broadband package you ordered online most likely is bundled with talktime chatter offer, which actually works out cheaper than line and broadband sold seperatley.
    I would imagine any extra charges are part period charges, these are charges which would not have been included in your first bill.
    Pm the number and can confirm what package you have.
    Tony

Hi Tony, PM sent, thanks.

Advertisement