If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a quote on an Onkyo 609 AV receiver

Options
  • 02-09-2011 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

SuperFi in the UK are selling the Onkyo 609 for £399 and they ship to Dublin. Would you guys be willing to match their price (and quote in euros)?

I'm also looking for a small subwoofer - the Cambridge Audio S80 or Tannoy SFX would seem to fit the bill. Is there much of a difference between them?

At some point, I'll probably replace my speaker setup. I currently have a B&W CC6 centre speaker (which I've never been happy with as dialogue seems muffled through it) augmented with a Bose VCS-10 centre (for crisper dialogue) and L/R B&W DM602's. The rears are a couple of Jamo surrounds (they don't even have a model number). Any speaker packs on offer at the moment that would provide better sound and be a good match for the Onkyo - my budget here would be about £500.

Thanks,

Gary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Daywatch,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We can match the £399.95 price, but unfortunately it's a 'in store only' product so it would need to be collected in Belfast.

Out of the two subs the Cambridge has a bit more of a kick in my opinion. Also looks alot nicer. For £99.95 it's a brilliant buy and the quality is 100%.

Got a perfect speaker pack for you, fits your budget too. It's the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 pack at £399.95. This is a award winning speaker pack, once you heard it you'll know why. Comes in 3 different finishes too, black, white and walnut.

Check out the link below for the What HiFi review:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monitor-audio-vector-av10

As you can see they reviewed it at £900!!! We could have it shipped to you for £412.94.

Let me know what you think.

Regards.
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 daywatch

Hi Chris,

The Monitor Audio package contains the VW8 subwoofer so I guess I wouldn't need the Cambridge Audio S80.

If I ordered both the Onkyo 609 and the Monitor Audio 5.1 package would you ship both to Dublin?

If not, do you take trade-ins and what would you offer for an Onkyo SR606?

Thanks,

Gary

Hey Chris, I rang Richer Sounds, got Kenny and asked to be transferred to you to follow up on my query. Then someone hung up the phone! Tried ringing back but just got the answering machine.

I'd like to hear back from you about if you'd be willing to ship an Onkyo 609 (I'd take out the Supercare warranty on this as well) to me in Dublin if I bought the Monitor Audio 5.1 speaker package as well.

Cheers,

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I don't mean to hijack your thread daywatch, but I'm more or less looking for the very same thing maybe the lads can do something for us.

Hi Stoner, I rang RS again before seeing your reply, and got through to Kenny and ordered the gear on the spot. Got the offer I was looking for! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cabbott

hi stoner, im looking for a 609 too, did you get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

No I got the pioneer vsx 2020. Very happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi all.

Just an update on this thread.

The Onkyo TXNR609 is currently £449.95 and delivery would be £12.99.

As always, we are happy to beat any other price including delivery to Ireland.

Keep us posted as these are going to be pretty scarce due to flooding in Thailand where the components are made.

ATB

Dave
    cabbott wrote: »
    hi stoner, im looking for a 609 too, did you get one?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.