Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just wondering..

Options
  • 02-09-2011 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

So far ive registered core modules up to 55 credits?.. does this mean i can take one elective, say japanese for 5 credits to bring me up to 60? so confused..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Thank you.. now all i have to do is figure out how to find japanese!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Welcome- if you check under 'Applied Languages', then the 'Applied Language Center' you'll find Japanese in the list

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

I was going to do Japanese too, but idk now...

And it's Japanese 3 you have to take if you did it for the LC, which is: LANG20130

I still might do it, I just don't like how it's assessed.

._. wrote: »
    I was going to do Japanese too, but idk now...

And it's Japanese 3 you have to take if you did it for the LC, which is: LANG20130

I still might do it, I just don't like how it's assessed.

Scratch that, taking Japanese 3 in semester 2 :P

• Advertisement

i cant find a 20130?

found it.. are you sure thats the one we take?

Taking japanese in semester 2 aswell.. i picked the one you said to pick but im gonna check on monday to see if thats definitely the one i should take :)

Taking japanese in semester 2 aswell.. i picked the one you said to pick but im gonna check on monday to see if thats definitely the one i should take :)

It says in the requirements for 3 that you have to have done either 1 & 2 or Leaving Cert Japanese, and in 1 & 2 it says you can't do them if you did Leaving Cert Japanese, so I'm assuming 3 is the correct one :P No harm in checking though.

why didnt i check that?.. haha fair enough :P.. cya in japanese in semester 2 so! :D

• Advertisement

why didnt i check that?.. haha fair enough :P.. cya in japanese in semester 2 so! :D

hah, we'll probably see each other around campus before that, you're science BBB too right?

i am indeed! :)

I changed it to semester 1 now!
    Swapped it with a science module I had, and now have a much nicer timetable as a result.
    Traded 3 hours of lectures for a 2 hour block of Japanese once a week, much nicer for it to be like that in the first semester IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I'm doing Japanese 3 in semester 2. Terrible times though, think I'm doing 5-7 on Mondays iirc.

._. wrote: »
    I changed it to semester 1 now!
    Swapped it with a science module I had, and now have a much nicer timetable as a result.
    Traded 3 hours of lectures for a 2 hour block of Japanese once a week, much nicer for it to be like that in the first semester IMO.

Buddy youre leaving me! :( haah.. were you in tody for the first time or yday?..

Buddy youre leaving me! :( haah.. were you in tody for the first time or yday?..

Today :D

It wasn't bad, I'm pretty exhausted now after only getting like 6 hours sleep last nigh though.
    Can't wait to go home tomorrow evening, it's been a long week.

How'd you find it?

I was in yesterday! Yea it was grand enough.. those peer mentor groups are kinda flawed though, like yea its good for mingling with the 6 or 7 other people in your group.. but what about the other 400 people? :P
    You'll have your sport orientation thing tomorrow so! the trampolines are serious fun! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I was in yesterday! Yea it was grand enough.. those peer mentor groups are kinda flawed though, like yea its good for mingling with the 6 or 7 other people in your group.. but what about the other 400 people? :P

I'm sure your peer mentor will be friends with other peer mentors. If you get 2 or 3 of those peer mentors to agree on some sort of social event between you all, hey presto you are meeting up with 14 or 21 other people. Multiply this out enough times and you'll meet plenty of people. At least it is better than the old days where on the first day loads of people were just left by themselves.

Sure ill ask her next week when i see her again! :)
    actually yea.. that sounds kind of worse..

Advertisement