Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP! My laptop won't start.

• 02-09-2011 6:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop

I turn it on, it starts loading, and then it never finishes
    It won't even start up in safe mode :(
    The repair function doesn't do anything either.

Any advice?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭themonic

The_Minister what model of laptop is it?
    You saying it wont start up even in safe mode- what happen? do you see blue screen? What you see on screen when you try to start upwith safe mode?

You need advice, so:
    1- check hdd for viruses or/and trojans using other computer.
    2- use chkdsk microsoft tool.
    3- download and burn hirens cd, and test your hdd (but don't try to repair using HDD regenerator!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Thanks for the help, but it repaired itself (there is some kind of self-repair programme in Windows 7).

I just left it for two hours, came back and it was doing something, I left again, and then it was fixed.

Advertisement