Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam results out

Options
  • 02-09-2011 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just said id let everyone know that the exam results for repeats are up.

Best of luck!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Do they just update your result on the transcript or there a special link?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Second year here I come!

What does "Y" under the grades of the repeats mean, in the repeats section of the transcript?

In the full transcript, they've changed and my QCA is above 2 so I passed yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

O sweet jesus that was a close shave D2:o.. I'm back though can't wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Access to your portal content has been withheld. Please contact Student Academic Administration immediately.
    balls. i forgot there was a problem accessing my results on the portal, got my last results from the repeat letter will the SAA be open on a saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

My transcript says B3, Under the module code it says: x credits=6.

Have I passed? I've passed haven't I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 K1nger

Access to your portal content has been withheld. Please contact Student Academic Administration immediately.

did anyone else get this? Is there any other way to find out results?

if u looked 2 posts up i did. :rolleyes:

its you must ring SAA and they'l unblock it. its due to late payments or if you got the grant it was late coming threw and they block the results.

and theres no staff in UL till monday. rang this morning and line id redirected to security.
    Sad really. you'd think they'd be wicked busy the weekend before college starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 K1nger

Thanks
    frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nash19

Hi guys i just checked my transript there I had two repeats one was listed as c3 the other as NG now I felt that I did a good exam cant see how I could have failed so badly that it didnt even list up as an F. Could the NG be because the result wasnt handed in yet ie might it change to a c3 on monday any help would be appreciated on coop in mexico atm and really freaking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tastyboy

NG is when course work isn't handed in I think. Email the lecturer, he'll tell u if there's course work necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭McFry

I'm in the same boat as Eire-Dearg, I have a Y grade on my transcript which apparently means; "A Y grade will appear on the student’s transcript when the student is registered to clear a grade in a deficient module." I'm confused, I think I've failed and I'm panicking... heartbroken. What can't it be clear? FFS.

McFry wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as Eire-Dearg, I have a Y grade on my transcript which apparently means; "A Y grade will appear on the student’s transcript when the student is registered to clear a grade in a deficient module." I'm confused, I think I've failed and I'm panicking... heartbroken. What can't it be clear? FFS.

Isn't a 'Y' to show that the grade is the repeat of a fail and will be capped?

Does it say c3 on your transcript?

An 'X' means an i-grade exam as far as I can make out and won't be capped.

I got a b3 in the exam and below it said 'X' credits = 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Howaya 3rd year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭McFry

mud wrote: »
    Isn't a 'Y' to show that the grade is the repeat of a fail and will be capped?

Does it say c3 on your transcript?

An 'X' means an i-grade exam as far as I can make out and won't be capped.

I got a b3 in the exam and below it said 'X' credits = 6.

I think you're right. I've accepted since last night that I've failed. A friend who did repeats in another course explained to me that his F grades were amended to C3s to show that he had passed, mine still said F but seeing as I had thought that I had done enough to pass, I presumed that F was still my summer result. Alas, it seems I was wrong. Never could get my head around Japanese. What now, a link-in module? Sigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

What now, a link-in module? Sigh...

If you haven't passed, then yes. :(

I think you're right. I've accepted since last night that I've failed. A friend who did repeats in another course explained to me that his F grades were amended to C3s to show that he had passed, mine still said F but seeing as I had thought that I had done enough to pass, I presumed that F was still my summer result. Alas, it seems I was wrong. Never could get my head around Japanese. What now, a link-in module? Sigh...

Ah Jaysus :( Japanese is meant to be very hard.

Gutted for ya mate but look, why not appeal the mark, you'd never know, a different pair of eyes might scrape a pass for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

I passed! Woooooot! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nash19

Thanks Tastyboy ill have to see what happens in the morning when the results are out proper... there was an assignment to be handed in during the year but i emailed the lecturer and he said that the exam was worth 100% hopefully I havent failed and it will sort itself out.

finially managed to get onto the portal and access my results. they dont make things easy to figure it out.

173285.png

does that mean i passed? is the sems one the repeat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

i'd imagine so ya ... sem2 is semester2, failed. sems is summer exam and you got credits awarded ... c3, skin of your teeth :cool:

ah good:)

roll on 2nd year so

Did those who did a repeat get anything in the post saying you've passed?

I have to send some sort of confirmation that I'm going in to second year for my student grant. Would a full transcript suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Liam2590

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

I have to send some sort of confirmation that I'm going in to second year for my student grant. Would a full transcript suffice?

I think you have to go to SAA and get a letter stating that you passed the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Pablo_ wrote: »
    c3, skin of your teeth :cool:

He'd have been capped though, he could've got an A! Probably best not to think about that though...

Liam2590 wrote: »
    Eire-Dearg wrote: »

I think you have to go to SAA and get a letter stating that you passed the exams.
    grant crowd told me that the college send them on the results.

Advertisement