Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photovision - Croke Park

• 02-09-2011 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭

Going to Photovision roadshow on Tuesday and looking for any recommendations on "not to miss" seminars or exhibition stands.
    Also is there any info available regarding camera check ups, sensor cleaning, etc. available at the show.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

haven't seen the line up yet (got a call from them during the week to remind me about it:rolleyes: ...I should mention I was away in Spain at the time.)

dunno if I will spend the whole day there or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

I got the flyer, but can't remember much apart from (if memory serves):
    Guy Gowan at 10am and at the end of the day (4pm?)

There is sensor cleaning, but you have to pay for it, €25 or €30ish.

Usual vendors flogging stuff, but can't remember anything specific.
    I'm sure they probably have something on the web about list of exhibitors and seminars.

There is almost certainly a talk drumming up business from the British Photographic Society (or whatever it is called) and from some guys promoting some albums or frames.

Enjoy the show if you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Going to Photovision roadshow on Tuesday and looking for any recommendations on "not to miss" seminars or exhibition stands.
    Also is there any info available regarding camera check ups, sensor cleaning, etc. available at the show.

ACS will be there again this year. They do a camera clean and sensor clean for 35 euro this year.
    Guy Gowan's talks are usually very good on Photoshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

Photovision Workshops and Trade show is on at Croke park TODAY. Doors open at 10am for the Workshops and 11am for the FREE Trade show. Entry and Parking are also FREE :) .
    See: http://www.forwardevents.co.uk/roadshows/dublin/exhibitors-list.html for the line up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

In case there is anyone who doesn't know about this yet. Well it's on now...

Email%20ad%20Dublin%202.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

anybody know if theres stands selling cameras/special offers at this event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Is it worth attending? Usually the answer is "not really".

Paulw wrote: »
    Is it worth attending? Usually the answer is "not really".

i just filled in the form for free tickets thinking it was on for a few days!
    only today so no use to me :(

Also would of loved to go to this tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the masthead on that flyer looks like it was designed by someone who knows a lot of photoshop but not a lot about successful images.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Went to this once a couple of years ago. Thought it was fairly crap to be honest. Only stayed for about an hour before I left. Looked in on some of the seminars, but it was nothing I hadn't seen before really.

Be aware that these feckers will spam you until the end of days, both by email and phone. No matter how many times you unsubscribe they, or one of their affiliates will still mange to send you something about some ****e they're selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Went to Photofest a few years ago (only cos I was meeting a chappy to collect a printer) and thought it was a load of shíte... had to pay in too... a total waste of €10... don't think there was even of cup of tae... (but feel free to correct me on that one).

That being said you have fellas (and ladies) that totally love these things... networking, trying out the cameras, asking a hundred and one questions, going to the seminars to be told the most basic of crap.

I did get some sample Hahnemühle paper packs reasonably cheap (lovely papers).. so it wasn't a total waste.

kceire wrote: »
    anybody know if theres stands selling cameras/special offers at this event?

Barkers of Cork and Berminghams of Dublin were there selling equipment.
    Canon and Nikon were there and you could try several lens and cameras.
    ACS were cleaning sensors for 35 euro.
    There were plenty of Album suppliers also and a few stands selling top of the range printers.
    All in all an interesting 2 hours browsing whilst my camera was cleaned and no entry charge.

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Barkers of Cork and Berminghams of Dublin were there selling equipment.
    Canon and Nikon were there and you could try several lens and cameras.
    ACS were cleaning sensors for 35 euro.
    There were plenty of Album suppliers also and a few stands selling top of the range printers.
    All in all an interesting 2 hours browsing whilst my camera was cleaned and no entry charge.

where there any good offers on the cameras? ie. 450d/500D or similar?
    i wasnt there but i could the guys tomorrow and say i seen it there and will they match the offer :D

These was show discounts but don't know actual prices on the cameras you mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Went to Photofest a few years ago (only cos I was meeting a chappy to collect a printer) and thought it was a load of shíte... had to pay in too... a total waste of €10... don't think there was even of cup of tae... (but feel free to correct me on that one).

Don't confuse PhotoFest with PhotoVision - PhotoVision never had an entry charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Don't confuse PhotoFest with PhotoVision

Good point... I didn't confuse it but people reading my post may have.

Two different shows... pretty much the same thing, but PhotoVision is free.

Advertisement