Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I got the Death Cert today

• 02-09-2011 7:06pm

I got Mams death cert today. Makes it all official now. She wont be coming back.

Its all there in black and white. Dont know why, because its only a piece of paper, but, damn it hurt when I opened the envelope.

Just looks so final.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bigbaz

Jake1 wrote: »
    I got Mams death cert today. Makes it all official now. She wont be coming back.

Its all there in black and white. Dont know why, because its only a piece of paper, but, damn it hurt when I opened the envelope.

Just looks so final.

got my fathers death cert there on thursday,fairly ****ed up feeling alright,had to empty his house of all his stuff too,strange times in my house:(, this is my second time down this road,i think you need a year to start to live again yano??

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

had to collect my 11 month old sons death cert 9 months after he died because they forget to do it. this just stirred up all the sh*t again

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

My Dad passed away 6 days before my birthday. When we received his Death Cert it was signed off on my birthday - the irony

That was 8 years ago - I still miss him every day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Yep this is a very tough time, I'm sorry for your loss OP. I was heartbroken when my Mums death cert arrived too, opens all the wounds and makes it so final. It will take some time OP......those sad feelings will always be there but they change.....in time it does become less painful

Advertisement