Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link Modules Help!!

• 02-09-2011 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey i have to repeat which sucks but I wanna keep doing lcvp! I got a merit which i was pretty happy with but i wanna get a distinction this yr BUT you cant redo your portfolio which is 60% of the exam!! and my teacher told me i shouldnt bother unless i got a distinction in my portfolio!! Just viewed my portfolio and got 190/240!
    so can anyone tell me what mark do i need to get out of 240 so i can get a distinction in the portfolio? If its close to 190 i will get it remarked!!! Thanks =]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Generally a distinction would be above 80% so, that would mean at least 192.

The only marking scheme for the portfolio I can find is a Google Doc - not sure I can link to it, but here goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Graciie

Thank you very much!!! Im going for a recorrection so see if i can scrape thoose two marks haha =]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You're repeating anyway, are you not?
    I wouldn't waste my money on a recheck. By all means look at your papers, but paying money for a recheck you do not need seems a bit silly to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

I got 79% in total which is 4 marks away from a distinction (80%). My teacher said that my portfolio should have been awarded a few marks higher. Definitely getting it rechecked. I really needed those 20 points. It always happens to me. Hopefully I'll get upgraded.

Advertisement