Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zone of the Enders HD Collection (Xbox)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/zone-of-the-enders-hd-collection/10480727.html

Am I the only one who has totally missed this announcment? Aside from that fact that pre-ordering a game that's not due out until May of next year is utterly daft, I had no idea this was even a possibility.

Aye, Metal gear collection (Except MGS1 ?) is coming out aswel for xbox. ZoE2 was amazing, so i might pick this up on the cheap after a few months

Wish they'd have made a ZoE game this generation tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Holy crap I am definitely getting this. Hadn't heard of it before.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

danthefan wrote: »
    Holy crap I am definitely getting this. Hadn't heard of it before.

ZOE 2 is one of the best games you'll ever play. First one, not so much.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    ZOE 2 is one of the best games you'll ever play. First one, not so much.

Oh I've played ZoE, what I meant is I didn't know there was a HD compilation coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Meirleach

Damnit am I going to have to get an xbox?

Zone of the Enders was actually one of the first ps2 games I ever played, ZoE2 was of course much better.

Loved that battleship level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Only played 1 and liked it, had no money to get 2.

Playing through Prince of Persia HD now and looking forward to MGS and this. The 360 won't have "Transfarring" on it's versions so i'll be getting that on PS3.

Meirleach wrote: »
    Damnit am I going to have to get an xbox?

Zone of the Enders was actually one of the first ps2 games I ever played, ZoE2 was of course much better.

Loved that battleship level.

It's coming out on the PS3 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Am I the only one who has totally missed this announcment?

It was announced at the same time as the Metal Gear Collection (and Silent Hill Collection). I guess the MGS hype kinda drowned it out!
    Magill wrote: »
    Wish they'd have made a ZoE game this generation tbh.

Maybe it'll come if this sells well. A 3DS game has been hinted at anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Magill wrote: »
    Aye, Metal gear collection (Except MGS1 ?) is coming out aswel for xbox. ZoE2 was amazing, so i might pick this up on the cheap after a few months

MGS on xbox ? how did I miss this ?! and why not MGS1 ? :( ...that would be the one I'd most like to replay, even the (gamecube remake) twin snakes would do...I want the original

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

MGS on xbox ? how did I miss this ?! and why not MGS1 ? :( ...that would be the one I'd most like to replay, even the (gamecube remake) twin snakes would do...I want the original

I was sitting asking myself that very same question the other night when it dawned on me what one of the reasons might be ;)
    the psychomantis boss battle, remember how that went?
    not sure how they would get around that now given everyone uses wireless controllers, and you can't assume every one would have a 2 of them either, to get around that bit .

I'm guessing thats a big reason why no mgs1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

calex71 wrote: »
    I was sitting asking myself that very same question the other night when it dawned on me what one of the reasons might be ;)
    the psychomantis boss battle, remember how that went?
    not sure how they would get around that now given everyone uses wireless controllers, and you can't assume every one would have a 2 of them either, to get around that bit .

I'm guessing thats a big reason why no mgs1

They managed it in the PC version and as I recall if you can't use the second controller there was another method you could use to beat the level
    The busts in either corner were of psycho mantis, if you removed the masks and saw his real face he would get distracted and couldn't read your mind.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well you can get MGS as a PS1 classic on PS3 so I'm guessing it isn't a game-breaking feature by any stretch. Indeed, MGS1 comes as a download with the PS3 version of the collection.

Personally think they missed a beat not including a port of Twin Snakes, although **** knows what kind of crazy rights issues are stopping that from happening.

Twin snakes is kind of crappy so it's not a big loss anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Still would have been nice to have. Just seems weird to release a HD collection and not include the first game in the series. It might be rights issues with the 360 version, but if they include Peace Walker surely some version of MGS1 would be up for porting too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

They didn't release MGS1 with the collection because there's not really a lot of point to trying to give a graphically dated PS1 game an upscale in resolution or HD textures. The same reason they didn't include Silent Hill with the collection together with 2 and 3. The Twin Snakes had awful voice acting compared to the original and stupid, over-the-top cutscenes so I'm not really sorry to see it gone. I think Nintendo gave an arm and a leg to have the game exclusive to the Gamecube too so they're probably not about to give it up either.

Could be emulation issues or in other words Konami not ponying up the budget for a 360 PS1 emulator to run it. There's no rights issues really since the game was developed and published by Konami. Twin Snakes is a legal mess though, with it being published by Nintendo with Konami and Silicon Knights developing and that awful director whatshisface being involved in the cutscenes.

The Japanese version is just getting a download code for the PS1 game from PSN and it could also be the fact that MS won't allow any games to be released on 360 later than another console or lacking in any features(any DLC has to be day one for 360 or not at all), at least when dealing with downloads.

Can't release the download version of Mgs1 on 360 as it out on PSN first and can't let the HD collection have it on ps3 then as MS won't let the collection be released on 360.

Varik wrote: »
    the fact that MS won't allow any games to be released on 360 later than another console

What about Scott Pilgrim Versus the World? That came out on PS3 a month before 360.

Mr. K wrote: »
    What about Scott Pilgrim Versus the World? That came out on PS3 a month before 360.

Why Microsoft won't publish PSN firsts

Who knows, it may be only a more recent action by MS.

Summer of Arcade game have a requirement that the games need to be out exclusively for 4 weeks on live to be included in Summer of Arcade.

Why Microsoft won't publish PSN firsts

Who knows, it may be only a more recent action by MS.

Summer of Arcade game have a requirement that the games need to be out exclusively for 4 weeks on live to be included in Summer of Arcade.

It seems a bit rash, doesn't it? I guess it's just MS being aggressive!

• Advertisement

Mr. K wrote: »
    It seems a bit rash, doesn't it? I guess it's just MS being aggressive!

I'd say it may bite them in the ass later on, if they try to persuade valve over some steamworks stuff it could end turning valve off dealing with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Apparently this isn't too good on PS3.

You'll have to google translate the amazon.jp reviews, but there are reports of ZOE2 dropping below 20fps: http://www.amazon.co.jp/ZONE-THE-ENDERS-EDITION-%E3%80%90%E6%95%B0%E9%87%8F%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A%E7%89%B9%E5%85%B8%E3%80%91/dp/B00861EQAA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351442033&sr=8-1

By all accounts, the 360 version is the one to go for. Although from some reports the PS2 version is actually better than both of them.

The game uses a lot of transparencies so if Konami cheap out like they did with the Silent Hill collection there could be compromises there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Only played 1 and liked it, had no money to get 2.
    I watched the price of ZoE2 for 6 months when it came out.

6 months later the Used copy was selling for 5 euro less than new.

I knew something was up. So I bought it, and oh my god, it was worth every cent. And more.

ZoE 1 isn't great and really only sold because of the MGS2 demo but ZoE2 is one of the best games on the PS2. Arguably the best thing Kojima has done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ANyone pick this up ????

lol 1st thing I did was play the metal gear demo ...... that was a surprise to say the least :eek: Not bad but I can see why there is no solid in the title now, it's more metal gear Bayonetta :)

As for Z.O.E only played it for a wee while, and only tried the 1st game but how could I have forgotten how cool the intro music was and the press start menu vocals.

So far game looks totally fine, very good actually, but I haven't gotten to areas where there is a lot going on yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

was at work

helping a customer

saw it on the shelf

saw it on the shelf

saw it on the shelf

slowly walked away, backwards.

I want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Advertisement