Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Electric Picnic

Options
  • 02-09-2011 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Last minute decision to go to EP on the Sunday..lineup is fairly dismal as far as I can see (great for the other two days)....still apart from the headline acts there's a lot of bands I never heard of..
    So I wondering if you guys would post a video of some of the other bands that I dont know and I will check em out and maybe go to see them.
    Cheers!

http://electricpicnic.ie/downloads/timetable.pdf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Cast of Cheers, Everything Everything, ASIWYFA. Can't go wrong with them. I was in two minds about going Sunday, but decided not too. Anything I want to see badly is on the other two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nickfrede

I want to share with you this SCAM.
    I am not new to Gumtree and I know all the SCAM rules...but I still managed to get caught in one of them.
    My girlfriend and I wanted to get some last minute cheap Weekend tickets for the Electric Picnic.

We saw an ad on Gumtree for 3 WE tickets for €150 each. As you know the full price was €240, but as the festival started on Friday we thought it was reasonable to sell the tickets for less.

We met the guy in Temple Bar at the Buskers. The person answering the phone had an Irish accent, while the guy that was there with the tickets was clearly English.

There was another girl there ready to buy the tickets...and she was naturally suspicious.
    We saw the tickets. They looked perfect...and they where authentic tickets with the 2 parts not tiered.

We got a "deal" for €110 each.

As soon as we arrived at the gate and they scanned the ticket they told us they were already used.

Now I was left with2 options: buy 2 full price tickets or going home. I chose the first.
    And it was a very expensive festival...but great music and vibes. Can't complain.

You will not believe how this seller was genuine...I even took a picture of him holding the tickets.
    Look at him and if you see him on the street...feel free to express yourself!

Guys I will explain you the scam: once you get into the GATE they scan your tickets. In this way they "Void" them and they can't be re-used.
    Once you walk they gave you the wristband but most of the time they keep your tickets without tearing it.

As you can imagine somebody pass some of these tickets to the "sellers".
    I realized that we got 2 random tickets from a lady called Elizabeth something and another ticket bought for €199.00 (early bird sold earlier in the year).

The security at the gate and the Garda were pretty much useless.
    I sent the picture of the scammer to one of the officer mobile phone...they will try to track him down...this remind me the scene of the "Big Lebowsky" after a police officer found his stolen car...I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Lesson learned: never buy tickets from Gumtree - Don't trust the TOUTS.
    But I am so glad I can show you the face of the THIEF.
    He has no future as SCAMMER.
    And I really hope for him he left the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Sorry to hear about your misadventures poster above..
    I was a bit pissed when I realized they had kept the whole ticket..like to collect them.usually they just tear tickets...thats a bit mad..why do they want to keep the whole ticket? Is this typical of Festivals in Ireland.. Haven't being to a big festival in a few years. Was it Friday you bought the ticket? So correct me if I'm wrong..Someone checks in with the ticket early Friday or thursday if its open then security or some other EP staff pass the full tickets a to a seller...he then gets the train to Dublin..and the already voided ticket is then sold to you.He ****s off back to England? What was his excuse for wanting to sell the tickets?

Cheers jerryholic but I left already when you posted ..when you said Cast of Cheers..I thought literally Frasier and Sam et all but I see now they are a band :)
    Mogawi where amazing ..I cant imagine that Pulp could have matched that audio and visual show they put on...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Nickfrede

Heisenberg,

That person has been officially reported to the Garda by a few people including myself.
    The purpose of the post is to make people aware of a fraudster.
    This is a powerful and intelligent way to use the internet to make people aware of a potential future scam.

Feel free to remove the picture, but please put my post back.
    Otherwise you will protect the rights of a person who stole 100s euros of innocent people buying tickets in good faith.

I believe in a better world where people like that guy don't get any protection and they face the justice.

But you are the moderator...so feel free to be moderate.

Regards,
    Nickfrede

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 arbuckle1

Found an iphone4 on way out of the picnic - anyone lose it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jooro

arbuckle1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I lost an I phone 4 at electric Picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 winterjools

arbuckle1 wrote: »

Hi arbuckle1,
    I had my iphone robbed from my bag by a guy while i was in the body and soul area on sunday night. It is a black iphone4 and had a purple rubber cover on it!! so many photos on it :((
    after it was robbed I locked it from a pc so hoping he might have thrown it away...
    Cheers just replying just incase :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement