Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social life/going out?

Options
  • 02-09-2011 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

What's the pub scene like? I'm only 17 so I probably won't even get in anywhere but I'm curious anyway :L

Is there a kinda designated "going out" night? I know its wednesdays in UCC and mondays and thursdays in UL, do UCD have that kind of thing?

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

I think UCD is every night.

There's the student bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

<snipper for breach of ToU>

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

In first year its mostly Mondays and Wednesdays. Or it was in 09-10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Depends on what course you're doing as well. For instance, agricultural students tend to organise events for Thursday nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 chair

theres something every night except Tuesday, Tuesday is for hipsters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

If you're in first year I bet you that you'll live in Tripod on a Wednesday. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Oo92

Shonagh wrote: »
    What's the pub scene like? I'm only 17 so I probably won't even get in anywhere but I'm curious anyway :L

Is there a kinda designated "going out" night? I know its wednesdays in UCC and mondays and thursdays in UL, do UCD have that kind of thing?

:)

Are you 17 for long? The SU bar is easy enough to get into if you just go in about an hour before they start checking ID. I had to go a few weeks without ID and that worked a charm :) Clubs are a No go til your 18 :( They are generally over rated though....

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭An Cuinneach

OSI wrote: »
    **** pubs/clubs/etc.

"Someones Gaff" is the best venue you'll have in College.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I think UCD is every night.
    Truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Since your 17 your best bet is to make some friends on campus or nearby and just go to gaff parties. Be very social and ask around if there's any happening, or if all else fails, stand outside a building with some expensive alcohol and sneak into a party with a crowd. Dont bother trying nightclubs until your 18, you're in the countries capital after all, it's strict as ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 galway_girlie

You'll be fine. If you make sure and be in the college bar before they start looking at ID then you'll have no problem. anyway there'll be lots of house parties, more the norm than pubs these days. well I'm a bit older (24) and we always have parties in each others places.when will u be 18?the clubs in Dublin and some of the pubs will be strict with the age limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blondielocks

Every night is a going night out in Dublin, but Tuesday, it's kind of snore fest on Tuesday. It's full of "scene" people who look at you like you're a total creep. Student bar is fine to get into, but as the others have said, it's the house parties that are the best, just make friends on or near campus. In first year you'll probably go to Alchemy on Monday and Tripod or Dandelion on Wednesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blondielocks

Every night is a going night out in Dublin, but Tuesday, it's kind of snore fest on Tuesday. It's full of "scene" people who look at you like you're a total creep. Student bar is fine to get into, but as the others have said, it's the house parties that are the best, just make friends on or near campus. In first year you'll probably go to Alchemy on Monday and Tripod or Dandelion on Wednesdays.

Advertisement