Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Unlocking Codes

Options
  • 02-09-2011 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all

Said I'd share my own experience in regards to unlocking my new Samsung Galaxy S2. First off this unlocking website is just the bomb, http://www.fastgsm.com/en. (I have no connection with this site but I have used it twice in the last month to unlock mobiles) Took about 20 mins for something that seems to take most networks weeks.

Just for people out there that aren't that well up on the tech side of phones. There is two important codes required when unlocking mobiles. The first is the unfreeze code which basically resets the unlock code (use this if you have entered the wrong unlocking code more than three times). I was given the wrong unlocking code from my network provider and hence when I eventually received the correct one it would not work either. The mobile does not tell you that the phone is frozen but will state that the unlocking code was unsuccessful.

What you need to do is enter the unfreeze code when the phone requests the unlock code, this will fail (its supposed to) but it will reset the unlock code. Then enter the correct unlock code and hey bobs your uncle. (do not enter the wrong code more than 10 times as this will brick you phone ie it will prob never work again)

I have tried the root method over on xda which seems to work for 60% of people (not for me). I used the above mentioned wedsite to unlock my phone which cost about $20 its cheaper if you use the usb method but this is not currently available for the SGS2.

Hope this helps someone else.;)

Advertisement