Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamp removal

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

dlofnep wrote: »
    Are you a lock-picking aficionado?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

Article from the Clare People of 13/9/2011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

just a quick update on this. I dropped the clamp to the Garda station at their request last week and have heard nothing since. I've also spoken to the manager of the estate who agreed that i should not have been clamped and that sentry security are not authorized to clamp cars parked in such positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Nice one time. Excellent news

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Time wrote: »
    I've also spoken to the manager of the estate who agreed that i should not have been clamped and that sentry security are not authorized to clamp cars parked in such positions.

So you could argue that Sentry Security didnt see it coming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

just a quick update on this. I dropped the clamp to the Garda station at their request last week and have heard nothing since. I've also spoken to the manager of the estate who agreed that i should not have been clamped and that sentry security are not authorized to clamp cars parked in such positions.
    Send the bums a bill for all the time and effort and mental anguish they put you through...should be worth thousands.....

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

I have a question, what if a clamper damages or scratches your car during the clamping process, can you do him for criminal damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Kracken wrote: »
    I have a question, what if a clamper damages or scratches your car during the clamping process, can you do him for criminal damage.

+1
    Was wondering the same myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Nice one Time!! Hope there's no come back on ya in the future though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

the guy that clamps for sentry security is a complete wanker. i blew out 2 tyres on my car on the way home from work at 5 in the morning. only had 1 spair in my car so i said id park it up and get a lift home. so parked up the car with 2 blown out tyres on it. only to come back at 2 the next day with a clamp on it. my mate told me to park it at hes that he would keep a eye on it.
    so rang the lad to take it off when he came i was like did you not see the 2 tyres gone on it he was like not my problem you shouldnt of parked it here. he wouldnt leave me away with the 50 release fee. a complete and utter wanker.
    but in saying that i know why he wouldnt take it off. sentry will pay he 25 euro for every clamp he will put on after 4 clamps. so guess he was over his 4 clamps lol. and 25 cash in hand so thats why sentry guys clamp like mad to make a few extra quid.
    now id have no problem paying it apart from haveing 2 blown out tyres a bit of cop on from the clamper would of went along way :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

about a year ago i got clamped after just coming out of a funeral in waterford bastards. flipin out i was he wouldnt take
    it off so i called him every name under the sun (to make it worse hes from killkenny) lol.

So he wanted 50 euro i ended up givin the 50 after about an hour but first i done the biggest greenist dirty flem on it folded it and handed it to him lol it was worth it.

jason2501 wrote: »
    about a year ago i got clamped after just coming out of a funeral in waterford bastards. flipin out i was he wouldnt take
    it off so i called him every name under the sun (to make it worse hes from killkenny) lol.

So he wanted 50 euro i ended up givin the 50 after about an hour but first i done the biggest greenist dirty flem on it folded it and handed it to him lol it was worth it.

What a coxuker...at a funeral. Jesus Christ almighty. I'm surprised he wasn't beaten and thrown in a grave as well. I would have ripped him a new arsehole verbally as I'm sure you did!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

forfcksake wrote: »
    just piss on the clamp & then call them to take it off! :)

They usually wear latex gloves, I wonder why?
    gman2k wrote: »
    It's extremely difficult to pick a high quality lock like the ones on clamps.
    It's not like the movies you know.......:)

Freezing the lock and then swift use of lump hammer & chisel would be much easier ( but would of course still leave obvious damage)

Guy who I work with done this with liquid nitrogen from our lab, worked very well, obviously only useful if you have access to liquid nitrogen though.

Sounds like you work with James Bond...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

chelloveks wrote: »
    Sounds like you work with James Bond...

Alas no (or thats what I want you to think), just a lab.

(A-team music kicks in)
    If you get clamped on a college/university campus,
    If no one else can help.
    Maybe you can hire...

....a postgrad desperate for cash :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

The chain type clamps have a weak spot,
    Were the chain connects to the triangle wheel plate, there is a metal lug held in place by two spot welds,
    A few well placed blows of a hammer will break it, hey presto clamp is off.
    Leave the clamp, don't take it, when and if the guards contact you deny all knowledge of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Another option

?ui=2&ik=d4e8799a48&view=att&th=132b9fb9d7321a23&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=2b7f8bf61a3dd6ec_0.1&zw

Advertisement