Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duff Beer

• 02-09-2011 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where to find Duff Beer in Dublin?
    MacHugh's Off Licence in Artane used to stock it but for whatever reason they've taken it off the market. Shame really as it was quite refreshing with a bag of Tayto Bistros.

For those of you who don't know the brand:
    tumblr_lqupraLSjv1r2pz5vo1_400.jpg

Got a real craving for it right now.
    Mmmmm... Dufff.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

is that chub from raheny?
    as far as I know it was just slop with the duff label thrown on, still if you liked it try mchughs on kilbarrick rd
    evryone I asked whod tries it said it was mouldy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

Crappy tasteless lager, from what I recall. I vaguely remember having seen it somewhere, perhaps Molloys in D8 ?

McChubbin wrote: »
    Shame really as it was quite refreshing with a bag of Tayto Bistros.

Even better with a bag of Chippos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,198 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Molloys did stock it, as did Carvill's of Camden Street. Personally, I thought it was a poor brew which was worsened by the exorbitant price slapped onto it; OP you could do a lot better than it for less than half the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It was really just a gimmick/joke, and an expensive one at that. I think it was made by some belgian brewery that pumps out generic stuff for supermarkets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

From what I recall it's made in Germany or Czech Republic, indeed by a BUL type brewery. And it's not sold in the US because whoever owns the rights to the name Duffs reckons it's not respectable to have a beer associated with a kids show. Meh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

LaBaguette wrote: »
    From what I recall it's made in Germany or Czech Republic
    There is a version brewed by Eschweger in Germany, but I'm fairly sure the one we get is from the Haacht brewery in Belgium. The German version has "The Legendary" on the top-left of the label.
    LaBaguette wrote: »
    it's not sold in the US because whoever owns the rights to the name Duffs reckons it's not respectable to have a beer associated with a kids show.
    I think the name and logo being a trademark of Fox Broadcasting has more to do with that. The original idea came from Mexico and though the Mexican version is legit in Mexico, Fox have stopped it from being sold in the US, funnily enough.

Advertisement