Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

****in right it does :)

im reading back over the thread atm to when you/alec/gryzor had the lines, saw a few posts by alec talking about the optimal wick length/setup so im gona vape the rest of this strawberry then clean the tank out with some water and do up a new wick according to those posts

I'm having to do what gryzor was complaining about, constantly up ending it to get it to wick properly like a stardust :D I can see why people like it to be honest, it seems like a decent atty but I think you have to want to love it a bit more than I do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

****in right it does :)

im reading back over the thread atm to when you/alec/gryzor had the lines, saw a few posts by alec talking about the optimal wick length/setup so im gona vape the rest of this strawberry then clean the tank out with some water and do up a new wick according to those posts

I'm having to do what gryzor was complaining about, constantly up ending it to get it to wick properly like a stardust :D I can see why people like it to be honest, it seems like a decent atty but I think you have to want to love it a bit more than I do

Definitely give it more time than i did, much more information available now to get a good performance out of it.
    It just was'nt for me at all, put way too much time into it the short time i had it.

well even if I do get it working amazingly, im not terribly thrilled about hhow fast it drinks juice so I dont think its for me

maybe the RDA/RTA will drink juce as fast or faster.. but at least I cant watch it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

line ****ing drinks juice.
    not line itself, mesh wick does :)
    Unless u try higher VG ratio
    it's always on the way there but I never get the flavour I should. I'm not crazy about the draw on it either, and there's 0 throathit.
    It is all about mesh , the way it rolled , proper oxidizing etc . U can get plenty of flavour and TH ,too much mystery involved tho :) I don't think i can do 2 wicks in a row with the proper results :)

well im pretty sure im oxidising it properly

rolled it up, threaded some kanthal through it and held it over the blue flame on the gas cooker until it glowed orange then quench in bowl of water.did that 3 times, then ran some juice over it 3 times and burned off with a lighter

although as you say the way it's rolled probably does have a huge amount to do with it. at least with fibreglass it's "2 strands or 4 strands?" with this **** every time you look at it you affect a neccesary variable

• Advertisement

alec76 wrote: »
    I don't think i can do 2 wicks in a row with the proper results :)

Then there is no point to have an atty like that imo.

Yes, but once u got mesh right ( it last good while )-- coiling not so important( it wont affect flavour and TH as such.
    My point is -- no matter how good coil u made ,if mesh not prepared (rolled/oxidized ) right -- trying to make another coil-- waste of time :)
    I think it is better not to use Water for oxidizing at all , PG only -- 6 times

I'm sticking to wick & wire for now anyway, less grief in repairing :)
    Less than 5 mins and i'm done.

this time I left 5mm between the top coil and the top of the mesh wick.. everything under the coils is wicking alright but the bit on top (the supposed wicking well?) is dry as a bone

made the wick with 15mmx40mm anyway, actually seems to be wicking worse...
    damn you mesh

--edit

you can actually see the mesh getting darker when it has wicked liquid so I was trying to track it as it wicked
    it's (1) quite slow
    and (2) useless unless I tip the device over

im getting kinda sick of wandering over to the gas cooker to try out new mesh wicks :)

new RDA arrived this morning, no word on the one I sent back to be repaired but at least I have one again

i've kinda forgotten how to make coils :) did up a 1.8 ohm coil with some .20 nichrome, its not vaping as great as I'd like but it's still infinitely better than the cartomisers
    good vapour, flavour is pretty good but will probably get better once the coils broken in a bit and damned good throathit for 12mg juice

it's a lot easier to take this one apart, with my first one I had to dig that knife in to loosen the top off the base.. this just needed a little suggestion and then i was able to pull it off easily

i kinda wanna take it all apart and do up another coil to get practicing again but this time I'm going to be patient with it and give the coils a bit of time to break in before I rip them off

• Advertisement

How is it working for ya now?

Expecting mine back early next week after he sent me message earlier about it.
    Will give it another go and if i keep leaving it sitting there using the Bulli instead, i will sell it on.

Spent a small fortune the last week on bits and bobs, will have enough of everything to vape for a long time though which softens the blow.

im pretty much back to day 1 with it.. have a decent enough coil on now. 1.9ohm vaping at 3.8v. flavour/vapour as ok, nothing great

ive got more wick and wire coming from andrei so I'll just keep making coils randomly until I figure it out

Can be something so simple at times that we tend to forget.

Air hole in correct position?

From his site...

With the RDA on the table in front of you, and the outer terminal in the 9 o'clock position, the coil should be on the far side of the terminals, away from you.

Fit the tube so that the air hole is pointing at 11 o'clock. The hole should be closer to the top of the tube.

yeah thats all fine

i might just be pushing low ohm coils at too high a voltage and destroying the wick

ill get some .13 nichrome during the week and see how that works

You have it at 1.9 Ohms which is about 6/7 turns of the .20 Nich...
    Firing at 4 v should be giving you a nice vape as there is plenty of coil so it should'nt be drying too quick.

Little bit of exposed wire at the first and last turn between the terminals?

Even though atty is firing, is it making solid contact with the battery? centre pin of battery to push up a bit? Clutching at straws there i am.

it's abouit 5/6 turns
    theres no exposed wire that I can see, if I fire the voltage up and fire it the coils glow red around the same time
    hehe, and yeah it's firing fine

it's something to do with the way i'm making the coil. maybe it's too tight, maybe it's too loose.. maybe i'm too fussy.

Try it with eGo battery.

If it's 5 turns and your hitting it with 5 v or something and it's glowing then it's too much power and it's not wicking fasting enough.

There has to a gap between the terminals, a little bit of exposed wire on both ends.
    Coil should not be touching off the terminals.

Wire should be pinching the coil, i actually wrap it fairly tight. When i take away the needle though, i can move the wick back and forth through the coil.

Too much VG in juice?

oh yeahg i was only burning it at 5v to test it, wasnt vaping it at that level

hrm, maybe I do have it too close to the terminals
    i dont think the coil is touching off it though...

juice is pretty much all PG

I'll get the hang of it in time. it's vaping fine, I just remember having it far far better the days before I broke it.

also it actually looks pretty good on an ego :) I thought it'd look weird, but I like this

I stuck a screwdriver in there and tried to push the coil/wick away from the posts

seems a bit better now actually, more vapour anyway. I have it on one of the old ego VV batteries, the ones with 3 settings. at the highest setting (4.2v i think) it's vapingg pretty good. and like I said above, it looks the business.

gona have to get me an ego twist this week :)

As you said, you'll get the hang of it again after a few repairs.

Mostly PG will not get you much vapour either as you know.

eGo would'nt be my first choice to stick it on regarding the way it looks, performance wise it does the job with the right setup which i think i'm gonna find difficult as well.

* Try it on the TH now at 3.7 or something and see.

• Advertisement

well you have to remember my other mod is a throathit VV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I almost lost one of those little brass fittings that support the screws on the Bulli. Know of anything similar that would do the job or would I have to get them from Bulli? I presume any similar sized screws would do. Pity he doesn't include a set of spares in the order.

Not sure about brass fitting , as for the screws -- if u got an old FDD 3.5" drive - there are plenty of those screws there

No...but I have most of an old mac in the attic so I'll have a root through that

Bubba, What is your preferred setup on the Bulli ?
    The a2, tank or both?

derra wrote: »
    Bubba, What is your preferred setup on the Bulli ?
    The a2, tank or both?

Both. A bit of a novice so far but got the hang of it right away. Prefer five coils of .2 nichrome. I've used the wick that came with it, HG and Andrei's...all worked well. With the A2TM I'm just using a hollow mesh spike and it gives a great kick. It's a bit tricky to get it the right thickness so that it won't touch the coil and short out...I suppose I could oxodise it to prevent that. The A2 is good, too...use the same config but still experimenting. I use blue foam instead of the stuff that came with the cartridge and it works way better. I have some HG wire which I think is .13 but it's all tangled up so haven't tried it yet.

Bubba9 wrote: »
    Both. A bit of a novice so far but got the hang of it right away. Prefer five coils of .2 nichrome. I've used the wick that came with it, HG and Andrei's...all worked well. With the A2TM I'm just using a hollow mesh spike and it gives a great kick. It's a bit tricky to get it the right thickness so that it won't touch the coil and short out...I suppose I could oxodise it to prevent that. The A2 is good, too...use the same config but still experimenting. I use blue foam instead of the stuff that came with the cartridge and it works way better. I have some HG wire which I think is .13 but it's all tangled up so haven't tried it yet.

Yeah it seems to be recommended to oxidise the mesh for the spike, would get rid of a burnt taste if ya get that, don't have the tank version btw just what i read about it.

Where did you buy the blue foam? Got some before but was probably not the right sort to use.

Was using the cartridge today for a while and it definitely lacks flavour compared to dripping using the adapter. Well worth getting the adapter for it if ya don't mind dripping.

6 turns of Nichrome .20 works a treat with the eGo batteries on the a2.
    Usually get around 1.7 Ohms, depends on the wick and splinter ya use.

Yeah, loads of them coming on market now. I think the Steam Machine is specifically made of the Ego. I like the way he uses clamps instead of screws although it seems to be a work in progress judging by the rate he's updating it

• Advertisement

Yeah it seems to be recommended to oxidise the mesh for the spike, would get rid of a burnt taste if ya get that, don't have the tank version btw just what i read about it.

Where did you buy the blue foam? Got some before but was probably not the right sort to use.

Was using the cartridge today for a while and it definitely lacks flavour compared to dripping using the adapter. Well worth getting the adapter for it if ya don't mind dripping.

6 turns of Nichrome .20 works a treat with the eGo batteries on the a2.
    Usually get around 1.7 Ohms, depends on the wick and splinter ya use.

I'll give the 6 turns a go but still experimenting till I find the perfect set up for me. I looked and it seems the only place you can get that drip tip adapter is from this one guy in America. He doesn't take Paypal and I don't fancy giving my credit card details to some guy in the New Mexico mountains who lives with "some pretty strange people" according to his website. If some European site gets it I might order one.

I got the blue foam when I started vaping. It gave a much better flavour than the stuff in the cartridges but, of course, I progressed to cartos, tanks, etc. and still had some left. I got it from Vape Escape in Scotland. You only need a sheet which costs 60 pence as you just run it under the tap and dry it with a tissue and it's good to go again. I've been using the same one for a fortnight.

Advertisement