Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Bubba9 wrote: »
    I'll give the 6 turns a go but still experimenting till I find the perfect set up for me. I looked and it seems the only place you can get that drip tip adapter is from this one guy in America. He doesn't take Paypal and I don't fancy giving my credit card details to some guy in the New Mexico mountains who lives with "some pretty strange people" according to his website. If some European site gets it I might order one.

I got the blue foam when I started vaping. It gave a much better flavour than the stuff in the cartridges but, of course, I progressed to cartos, tanks, etc. and still had some left. I got it from Vape Escape in Scotland. You only need a sheet which costs 60 pence as you just run it under the tap and dry it with a tissue and it's good to go again. I've been using the same one for a fortnight.

you could get an o2 money card or a 3v card just for the purchase

is that blue stuff fluval?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

you could get an o2 money card or a 3v card just for the purchase

is that blue stuff fluval?

I know but not worth it just to get a drip tip

Don't know what fluval is. Here's a link to where I got it:

http://paradisevapeuk.vstore.ca/index.php/cName/diy-accessories

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I'll give the 6 turns a go but still experimenting till I find the perfect set up for me. I looked and it seems the only place you can get that drip tip adapter is from this one guy in America. He doesn't take Paypal and I don't fancy giving my credit card details to some guy in the New Mexico mountains who lives with "some pretty strange people" according to his website. If some European site gets it I might order one.

I got the blue foam when I started vaping. It gave a much better flavour than the stuff in the cartridges but, of course, I progressed to cartos, tanks, etc. and still had some left. I got it from Vape Escape in Scotland. You only need a sheet which costs 60 pence as you just run it under the tap and dry it with a tissue and it's good to go again. I've been using the same one for a fortnight.

Even when you find the right set up, you will still find yourself experimenting with it which is not a bad thing as you will know what works best after trying so many repairs.

I know but not worth it just to get a drip tip

Don't know what fluval is. Here's a link to where I got it:

http://paradisevapeuk.vstore.ca/index.php/cName/diy-accessories

The foam i got before was very coarse so was'nt suitable, will try some of that stuff, Cloud9 vaping have it as well.

I'm waiting on another adapter from Vaporage, bought one with a credit card and this one with an o2 card.

The charge for this on the o2 card ...

Payment $14.51

VAPOR AGE

FX Commission -€0.31

-€11.45

Point being, if you wanna send me money on Paypal then i will order one for you through that o2 card delivering to your place.

Up to yourself anyway, well worth it imo.
    Send me a PM if so.

made up a 2ish ohm coil, made sure to leave a bit of slack on the wire between the last turn on the wick and the posts. vaping it at around 3.6-3.7v to start with so the coil can break itself in.. so far it's actually pretty good. I guess I kept tightening the screws on the posts too much and practically pressing the wick/coil arrangement up to the posts which was causing me my incosistent performance issues as every coil would obviously be a little further/closer to the posts than the previous.

its good to know anyway that this is likely what my problem was as I was pretty sure my coil winding was spot on and it was breaking my heart trying to figure out what was going wrong. I stuck the 510-ego adapter onto the throathit too so it does looka bit ridiculous but the draw has improved too, it's very like the nice draw i was getting on my VV ego now.
    im also trying to wean myself off my reliance on such a warm vape. vaping the 2ohm at 3.6-3.7V isn't really what I'm after in a vape but it's still pretty damn good and I'm getting the nicotine I need. Once I get an ego twist I'll have a pretty portable dripping solution which good battery life.

Have you the coil at the end or centre of the wick?
    Your heating the wire before winding? really does help to do that.
    That gap should only be a couple mm, don't poke at the coil through the chamber either.
    Sounds like your getting a decent vape anyway.

Not expecting mine back till next week but hoping i get it Friday morning.

• Advertisement

well he said my repaired one was sent on tuesday so im hoping friday morning too as this one was shipped thursday and arrived monday

i didnt bother heating the wire before winding this time, but I did pulse it red a few times before I added any liquid to it after I'd attached it to the mod. have the coil at the centre of the wick.. I do find it performs better as the coil is getting juice from both sides... when I have two of them I'll try one of either and see which I prefer.

derra wrote: »
    Even when you find the right set up, you will still find yourself experimenting with it which is not a bad thing as you will know what works best after trying so many repairs.

The foam i got before was very coarse so was'nt suitable, will try some of that stuff, Cloud9 vaping have it as well.

I'm waiting on another adapter from Vaporage, bought one with a credit card and this one with an o2 card.

The charge for this on the o2 card ...

Payment $14.51

VAPOR AGE

FX Commission -€0.31

-€11.45

Point being, if you wanna send me money on Paypal then i will order one for you through that o2 card delivering to your place.

Up to yourself anyway, well worth it imo.
    Send me a PM if so.

Thanks derra, kind offer but no need. I wasn't being entirely serious in saying I was nervous about ordering. I have an RDA arriving tomorrow or the day after and that should do for dripping. I'd have no patience putting two or three drops in every few minutes but I hear this one can take 20 and even more with a bit of blue foam inside.

You're right, experimenting is half the fun and a bit addictive. I'm looking at some of the guys on UK Vapers putting their names on lists for new mods when all they've seen is a photo...no idea of performance, etc.

Thanks derra, kind offer but no need. I wasn't being entirely serious in saying I was nervous about ordering. I have an RDA arriving tomorrow or the day after and that should do for dripping. I'd have no patience putting two or three drops in every few minutes but I hear this one can take 20 and even more with a bit of blue foam inside.

You're right, experimenting is half the fun and a bit addictive. I'm looking at some of the guys on UK Vapers putting their names on lists for new mods when all they've seen is a photo...no idea of performance, etc.

No bothers Bubba.
    I got used to the dripping very quick minda ya due to the much better flavour in not having any filler in the way. Even with getting the RDA for dripping i would still consider getting the adapter sometime in the future.

The RDA would take 20 drops alright out of one type of bottle and maybe 10 in another so start off bit by bit so you won't flood it.

Was gonna say the exact same thing as ya when i posted that link to the atty on UKVapers. List filling up without any idea of performance,.
    Looks like a SS RDA.

3 ohm coil with 1.5 nichrome, 9-10 turns.. great flavour :) I think I'm just some sort of flavour freak to need this many turns on the wick before I'm properly satisfied

Quoted this from the other thread instead of talking about repairing there.

Is that with two strands of wick going through the coil?

yeah, doubled over 1mm wick from andrei.. coil in the middle

I didnt actually realise I'd made so many turns, I just went a bit mad trying to squeeze a lot of coils into a very small area instead of having them kinda spaced out.. ended up with quite a lot of coils which ended up spacing themselves out

• Advertisement

Should be clouds of vapour with 9 turns?

The first repair i done with the RDA was 9 turns and two strands as he recommends two strands of Bulli wick if using that and the wick you have is similar.

yeah, quite a bit of vapour

my diy mixes are coming back to life now thankfully

I think I'm going to have to get some higher resistance wire online

i've made a few many turn coils now just testing it out, getting aorund 3ohms every time and i'm loving the vape. good vapour (im guessing this many turns is taking too long to heat the coils efficiently), great flavour and decent TH for 12mg .. the problem is the wicking. with this many turns of the coil, there's barely a section of wick under the coil that isn't being heated very quickly so it dries up really fast and takes a bit of time before it properly soaks up the juice from the rest of the wick.

I wonder if clockworks is still sending out the .13mm with the RDA.. I have some wire he sent with this but not sure what kind it is. I'll send him a pm and ask. if it is .13mm then when I get my repaired RDA back I can easily do up two similar ohm coils in either RDA and compare the vapes I get from both

smoking cigarettes was never this fun although there is an argument to be made that it was simpler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I was hoping to get my RDA in the post today but didn't arrive :(.

He'll be sending wire with it so I presume it will be labelled so I'll let you know - whenever it gets here.........shipped on Tuesday I think.

hehe, it's not labelled :) I have some of it here I just forgot all about it

i pm'd him the last time when I first got my RDA and it was .13mm which is why i'm wondering if that's what this is now

the wick he sends with it is the group buy stuff I think.. it doesnt look great. did you email andrei to get some of his wick and wire?

hehe, it's not labelled :) I have some of it here I just forgot all about it

i pm'd him the last time when I first got my RDA and it was .13mm which is why i'm wondering if that's what this is now

the wick he sends with it is the group buy stuff I think.. it doesnt look great. did you email andrei to get some of his wick and wire?

Not yet. Must do that too. Steve told me he'll be sending enough wire for 12 coils but I'd imagine I'll fly through that learning.

yeah most likely

if you have a thin needle from a syringe that is great to use as a splint when making the coil. I started off using a paperclip but it was far too thick so when I pulled it out the wire was barely touching the wick.. kept getting hotspots everywhere

if you pm me your addy I will try to get to the post office before they close today and I'll fire off some wire I have.. think it's .2mm nichrome not sure.. i'll send you a metre or two anyway and some of the wick from andrei so you can compare it to the stuff clockworks sent, see which you prefer

yeah im pretty sure this stuff is .13mm

just made a 5-6 turn coil, well spaced out and its giving me 2.5 ohms

performance is actually better than the similar ohm coil I made with the .15 too. flavour is about comparable, maybe a little better but the vapour production is better, less overall wire to be heated up so it heats up a bit quicker I guess and the wicking is a bit better too without 9-10 turns of wire wrapping around every available inch of the silica.

def gona have to order some .13mm so

yeah most likely

if you have a thin needle from a syringe that is great to use as a splint when making the coil. I started off using a paperclip but it was far too thick so when I pulled it out the wire was barely touching the wick.. kept getting hotspots everywhere

if you pm me your addy I will try to get to the post office before they close today and I'll fire off some wire I have.. think it's .2mm nichrome not sure.. i'll send you a metre or two anyway and some of the wick from andrei so you can compare it to the stuff clockworks sent, see which you prefer

Thanks for the offer SDCC. I should be grand though as I'll have enough to get me started when it arrives and I'll buy some more. I think you'll require all the stuff that you have anyway!

Got my RDA today. I followed Derra's advice and made up a 6 turn coil of .2 nichrome, checked the ohms and it was 1.2. I went back and checked and it turned out I messed up and only did 5 turns. Anyway, even at 1.2 it gives great flavour and a mighty kick though I can't really go above 3.3v. It drinks juice and each time I've filled it I put in 20 drops from a needle cap bottle...smaller drops than from a dropper. It's a great bit of kit and very happy with it so far.

• Advertisement

so.. it turns out all this time i was making my coils too loose

feeling quite stupid right now

Got my RDA today. I followed Derra's advice and made up a 6 turn coil of .2 nichrome, checked the ohms and it was 1.2. I went back and checked and it turned out I messed up and only did 5 turns. Anyway, even at 1.2 it gives great flavour and a mighty kick though I can't really go above 3.3v. It drinks juice and each time I've filled it I put in 20 drops from a needle cap bottle...smaller drops than from a dropper. It's a great bit of kit and very happy with it so far.

Good to hear ya have it vaping nicely

If you add another coil, you will probably get 1.5 Ohms.
    If i do 6 turns of .20 Nichrome with Bulli wick i mostly get 1.7/.8 using a very thin sewing needle, with Andreis wick (the stuff he is currently selling) i would get 1.5/6...It's slightly thinner stuff. Mostly i use eGo batteries so that .2/.3 makes a difference, won't matter when i get the twist though.

It goes through the juice quick alright :)

Reading all these turns of wire stuff with much more interest with a view to getting my RDA. Hope it gets here Friday. Think it shipped Tuesday afternoon. Heartbreaking when new stuff doesn't arrive on a Friday! Wish you could buy some of this stuff from an Irish vendor with next day delivery. Shipping from UK always seems to take an eternity!

I only have an eGo too so looks like I should do 6 turns for my first effort.

mine shipped tuesday too so im hoping friday as well.. I think it probably should

tue-fri is 3 working days and I think that's standard enough for uk to Ireland. I guess it depends on where in the uk its being sent from. cornwall is a big enough city to justify fast post isnt it?

tue evening - to london
    wed evening - london to Ireland
    thurs - Ireland
    friday - proffit????

Reading all these turns of wire stuff with much more interest with a view to getting my RDA. Hope it gets here Friday. Think it shipped Tuesday afternoon. Heartbreaking when new stuff doesn't arrive on a Friday! Wish you could buy some of this stuff from an Irish vendor with next day delivery. Shipping from UK always seems to take an eternity!

I only have an eGo too so looks like I should do 6 turns for my first effort.

Mine was posted on Monday and arrived today so yours should be with you tomorrow with any luck.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Mine shipped Monday and arrived today, so hopefully the Tuesday ones should arrive tomorrow. Unfortunately didn't get time to try it out, but it oozes quality, can't wait to give it a go tomorrow.

derra wrote: »
    Good to hear ya have it vaping nicely

If you add another coil, you will probably get 1.5 Ohms.
    If i do 6 turns of .20 Nichrome with Bulli wick i mostly get 1.7/.8 using a very thin sewing needle, with Andreis wick (the stuff he is currently selling) i would get 1.5/6...It's slightly thinner stuff. Mostly i use eGo batteries so that .2/.3 makes a difference, won't matter when i get the twist though.

It goes through the juice quick alright :)

Thanks for the info. Would be handy if there was some sort of table giving you info for different wires, turns, etc. but I suppose it's all about experimenting. One thing I learned today was not to snip the ends of the wire off before checking the ohms. Do those silver clamp things with the hole serve any purpose apart from supporting the one of the posts?

Why are you thinking of selling yours Derra? By the way, you've convinced me...ordered two of the Bulli adapters from yer man in New Mexico. How many drops does the Bulli hold when dripping?

Thanks for the info. Would be handy if there was some sort of table giving you info for different wires, turns, etc. but I suppose it's all about experimenting. One thing I learned today was not to snip the ends of the wire off before checking the ohms. Do those silver clamp things with the hole serve any purpose apart from supporting the one of the posts?

Why are you thinking of selling yours Derra? By the way, you've convinced me...ordered two of the Bulli adapters from yer man in New Mexico. How many drops does the Bulli hold when dripping?

The resistance is measured by the amount of wire to the point it is clamped, after that it has no bearing on the resistance. Same as the screws with the Bulli.
    First post in this thread explains it good using different wires.

If i get it working like i did before with minimal effort i will keep it. I just know what i am doing with the Bulli to get same performance each time and i like the simplicity of it. Just unscrew the tube to get to the repair part with ease, gives off a certain harshness which i like as well.

Depends on amount of wick ya use, more wick = more drops.
    I use enough wick that would get me 3-5 drops. It's not a big deal to take off drip tip and drop in a few drops. You will suss it real quick, too much and it will leak and clog up the air hole, just blow it out.
    Ya done right getting a couple of adapters, just enhances the vape and gives you another option on how to use it.

nevermind.. working now

wtf

• Advertisement

How did you break it?

Advertisement