Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you take your rings off when you're having sex?

Options
  • 02-09-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

I don't really wear rings myself but was thinking the other night. There are some rings that you generally always keep on (such as your wedding ring) and might be pretty stuck on, but diamonds are one of the strongest things out there.

I don't mind if no one posts in this thread. It's a personal enough thing but please poll it to satisfy my question!

(I had a look at the charter, and it didn't say anything against posting such a thread but if it's in the wrong area I'm sorry and please move it!)

Do you take off your rings for doing the dirty 38 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    10% 4 votes
    I always take off my rings anyway when going to bed
    89% 34 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Are you asking if people take their engagement / wedding rings off to cheat?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Silverfish wrote: »

I assumed it meant "when you have sex"
    but it's a bit vague

Oh well, I can't stand wearing rings or bracelets anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Silverfish wrote: »

No sorry! Sex yes. Just not being a very regular poster on LL I didn't want to put sex in the title when I wasn't 100% of the rules. I'll change it if that's ok.

Dammit! The way I have it makes it sound awful...

I don't know how to edit the poll

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I got confused, cos for one, I'd take them off, and for the other, I'd leave them on.. :pac:

Just kidding, I never take off my ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I stopped wearing rings about 2 years ago but at the time I would swap my ring from right hand to left hand so I er didnt lose it in a certain area:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Lol no!

Who has the patience for that?! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Don't wear rings but always remove my watch.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Strange question,I think?

Only wear a watch to work.Have 3 separate gold bands, one is wedding ring.I usually don't wear them at work and sometimes forget to put them back on- but wouldn't take them off especially for sex....... am I missing something?Please tell me;),quickly before I go to bed:rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

The OP probably means if people are wearing big mad chunky rings that could be scratchy. I'd imagine you could inflict some injuries if you wore as many rings as Mary Kate Olsen, for example:
    mary-kate-olsen-rings.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I wear a ring on both my index fingers, but they're not raised at all. I never take them off, nor my watch, nor any other jewellery I'm wearing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

@ Fishie - you'd be sore after that!

I leave on all my jewellery

I don't wear rings, even when I get my engagement ring, and my wedding ring, wont wear them, might put them on a chain and wear them around my neck... or on my fingers for special occasions. Because I'm an obsessive "fiddler", I drive people mental when I have rings on, constantly taking them off and having them fly out of my hand, twisting them round and round, putting it on every finger, worst of the lot is tapping it against a glass or table or the hand rail on the bus, anything I cap tap it off. I wore one ring for seven years and I never stopped. I lost it and my friends rejoiced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I take off my ring at night because it has sort of pokey out bits and I am a clutz and would probably scratch my face while sleeping and such...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Hahahahaha. What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Course i take my rings off for sex. Sometime I even take my socks off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

nothing worse then some girl sleeping in your bed and the next morning helps you rip your room appart looking for an earing....

OO wait a minite how silly it hooked into my t-shirt thats actually adress thingy i didnt notice but my taxis here so i have to go....

:mad:

i always take my watch off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I have only ever had one ring in my life that has fit my skinny fingers and that's my engagement ring. It never ever comes off because I'm a loser of things. The diamond and setting in my ring were my fiance's mother's. She is sadly no longer with us, I'd never forgive myself if I lost it.

My watch does come off though because it can catch on skin and that's a big mood ruiner!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I leave my claddagh ring on but watch, bracelet and other rings go... I scratched an ex before so now out of habit I take them off!?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

What a random thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Not for sex, but yes at night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Just my granny panties.

Fishie wrote: »
    The OP probably means if people are wearing big mad chunky rings that could be scratchy.

Ya pretty much any ring that can stick out, like an engagement ring.

I don't know. I never wear rings, nor am I engaged/married. It was just one of those questions that popped into my head one night and didn't particularly want to ask my mother

Thanks for the answers though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Beggared

I don't mind my OH leaving her jewelry on but I find the stop watch a bit disconcerting. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I'm ambidextrous and both my wedding and engagement rings are flush so it wouldn't really be an issue anyway...I usually take off clothes and watch tho. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mayvic

I rarely wear rings but I would. I know someone who's rings severely damaged someone's manhood...

mayvic wrote: »
    I rarely wear rings but I would. I know someone who's rings severely damaged someone's manhood...

So really it's not a silly question, but rather an important warning :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

gubbie wrote: »
    So really it's not a silly question, but rather an important warning :cool:

Yeah I thought you meant from a safety point of view. I guess if they were loose or sharp, they could do some damage. But I guess they don't cause too much damage or we'd be hearing more safety warnings to take off all jewellery to practise "safe" sex :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I'm ambidextrous and both my wedding and engagement rings are flush so it wouldn't really be an issue anyway...I usually take off clothes and watch tho. :)

Who are you watching ?:p

What a funny thread. Op if you asked do you take your panties of when you are having sex it would make sense but rings are not going to get in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Got scratched by a pointy kinda ring before, ladies, take em off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dianacatapang

I don’t mind wearing it and would probably forget to take it off. I doubt if I can still think that I’m wearing my diamond engagement ring or my diamond wedding band during sex.
    No worries, I’ll tell you next time when I’m hooked up and about to get laid. LOL =)

Advertisement