Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PO Bracelet on eBay.

• 02-09-2011 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭

There is one of these on eBay for about €270. It seems like a reasonable price for a second hand bracelet. Advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    There is one of these on eBay for about €270. It seems like a reasonable price for a second hand bracelet. Advice appreciated.
    Be very careful with eBay bracelets, you'd want to be very sure it was legit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭marcus1971

cúramach,

The PO is second only to the Submariner as the most repped watch out there, and has Super-Rep status on the forums and is considered almost identical in appearance to the real deal.

The replicas even use the same pin/collar system for the removeable links, the lesser/older ones had/have laser etched clasps but the more expensive ones have got more gen like, deeper engraved clasps....doesn't mean the one you saw is a knock off, just be careful and examine the pics very very closely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Here is the auction.
    http://wap.ebay.ie/Pages/ViewItemDesc.aspx?emvAD=480x208&aid=110737029771&emvcc=0

Is there any questions I could ask to confirm original?

Here is the auction.
    http://wap.ebay.ie/Pages/ViewItemDesc.aspx?emvAD=480x208&aid=110737029771&emvcc=0

Is there any questions I could ask to confirm original?

Link doesn't seem to be working.......

• Advertisement

Too late now, pics weren't the best, but based on his feedback for a lot of high ticket sales I would imagine it was kosher + he was offering 7 day return.

Did you get it?

No. Someone bust have binned it. I'll bide my time.

I rang the Omega boutique in BT Dublin and they quoted me €350 for a new bracelet. For some reason I thought these were alot more expensive.

That doesn't sound right to me, I would have added a couple hundred more to that, especially an Omega Boutique store.

22mm & 20mm PO SS Bracelets are both $728 each at Ofrei, I would imagine a Euro figure close to 700 would be more like it.

The regular Rubbers at Ofrei are $220 WITHOUT buckle,
    the stitched Rubbers are $265 NO deployant clasp

The Steel bracelet clasp is $165

If they are making a mistake and have one in stock that they will sell you for 350 and your morals are ok with it, Snap It Up.

He said he has to order it in. Maybe it's without the clasp.

• Advertisement

He said he has to order it in. Maybe it's without the clasp.

Maybe it is for the whole thing, or maybe he is quoting you for the wrong item altogether..
    The bracelets come in as one piece, you can get replacement clasps but I don't think you can buy the bracelet without a clasp.....

.....Its probably not as bad there as here, but you wouldn't believe how totally clueless the staff at the ADs are here, they haven't got a clue about any single feature of the watches they are selling, and I don't mean Casios or multifunction watches that are different from model to model, I mean Omegas/Rolex/Breitling etc. How anybody with half a brain can stand behind a counter looking a few dozen different watches, the exact same ones, day in day out for years on end....'cause they, no matter what we might think, don't change very much from decade to decade never mind year to year, they just stand there all stuck up and snooty and know not a single thing about what they are selling, it amazes me.

Edit: maybe he is quoting you for the milanese, I bought one of them a couple of years ago and as far as I remember it would have been around $300ish, serious quality, without a doubt the best mesh on the market and believe it or not there was not a single watch I ever put it on that it didn't suit no matter the brand, very versatile.....and shark proof too!!

I'll ring him back tomorrow. I said the braclet, never mentioned the mesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

I'm looking at a PO bracelet to replace a rubberised leather one.

Dropped into the Omega Boutique on Sunday, they quoted me €480 for a full bracelet & clasp. Or €120 to replace the existing strap.

I'd like a steel bracelet, but I'm not happy at the ripoff price for a few quids worth of steel and a lot of branding.

Has anyone got any recommendation for sourcing a cheaper genuine one or even some interesting alternates? Titanium maybe?

€480 is not as bad as i thought. They are advertised at 600-700 dollars from US sites. If you want ones cheaper it will have to be a pre-owned one. You should keep an eye out on WUS and TZ-UK sales corner. I'm still looking myself.

Advertisement