Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fyrinnae

• 02-09-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi,

just wondering if anybody on this has ever purchased any cosmetics from www.fyrinnae.com before, i have heard such great things about them and seem some amazing swatches on online blogs and i am mad to get my hands on their eyeshadow samples but 9 times out of 10 when i check their website it's not working (further investigation leads me to believe that they do this when they get very busy), sometimes when i get on it i can fill a shopping cart, sometimes when i put things in my cart they disappear and the site won't let me register an account even though they definitely ship to Ireland! Has anybody on here ever actually successfully set up an account because i am baffled and if so, what's the trick? I hadn't even heard of fyrinnae until a few weeks ago and now i'm like a woman obsessed, i love mineral eyeshadows and at like $2 dollars a pop and free international shipping if you spend $40, it could be so amazing but instead that website is proving to be the ultimate obstacle! Any advice would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

PS here is the link:
    [HTML]http://www.fyrinnae.com/[/HTML]

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've ordered loads of stuff from them. Their eyeshadows are the business, really unusual shades, got a few free samples and all that BUT...

There's only 2 of them (I believe) creating, packaging, sending and running the website. I'd be very hard-pushed to buy from them now as you have to wait 3-4 weeks before they'll even think about sending your order. Their website hasn't been right in at least a year :mad:, so I wish you the best of luck ordering from them now. If you can handle the wait, and actually manage to order, you won't be disappointed! Just make sure to order yourself some Pixie Epoxy or the likes.

If you're stuck for ideas for other companies, have a look here: http://www.specktra.net/f/265/mineral-makeup and here: http://www.phyrra.net/reviews (scroll down to brand reviews :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

thanks jenizzle, i'd absolutely love the opportunity to even be able to order but even when the website is up and running, it won't let me order, something about a security code being missing but i provide all the information they ask for and i don't see any security code box, i was just wondering if anybody else experienced same? I wouldn't even mind waiting 3-4 weeks for them because i absolutely adore mineral eyeshadows and they are so cheap, i would just love the opportunity to be able to order. I have 20 colours picked out for batch one, apparently you cannot order more than 20 things in any given order.

What is this pixie epoxy that everybody talks about, is it like an eyelid primer or something? I had a peek at their website one of the times it was working, when i wasn't trying incessantly to even create an account, and i didn't come across it?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I think they sold out of it a few times, so it was probably removed from the site when that happened. I never got the chance to order it myself, but from what I've read, it's an eyelid primer. As the shadows they have can be quite glittery (or, for example, are black but have purple flecks running through it), you really need something like that to make the glitter stick and show off the shadow as it was intended. I just use UDPP as I think the epoxy would crease like a mofo on my eyelids :rolleyes:

I haven't ordered from them in about 18 months, but I never did have any hassle when I did. Maybe send them an email whenever the site is back up and see what the craic is? They were quite responsive any time I had to annoy them about stuff anyway :)

Advertisement