Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Diego comic con logo

Options
  • 02-09-2011 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭

Hey, just noticed there that a cafe near me is using the San Diego comic con logo for it's business (I won't put the name of the cafe up here) with nothing bar the writing changed.
    Should I report it? Or is the logo already belonging to another company that I'm unaware of?
    Is there anyone to report it to even?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,299 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

As long as the logo is not used as a trademark, other graphic designers can copy its design or concepts.
    em...
    Comic-Con and the Comic-Con logo are registered trademarks of San Diego Comic Convention.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

You don't have any particular obligation to do anything about it one way or another, but if you want to report it you can send the details to cci-info@comic-con.org.

Given the nature of trademark law it's unlikely they'll do anything about it unless the mark registration is in areas concerning restaurants & food/service provision, and even then trademarks are not automatically internationally valid. That's something for Comic Con's lawyer(s) to evaluate, though.

As with comic shops, sometimes it's better to go direct to the company involved than to ask other random people for the information you're after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Thanks Fysh- I'll let them know anyway and sure they can choose themselves if they want to do anything with it.:)

Advertisement