Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Publisher and Copyright

Options
  • 02-09-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

I am trying to find out who now has copyright to books published by a firm that no longer operates.

The publisher is Allen Figgis, Dublin, who were active in the 1950s and 1960s. I wish to seek permission to use an illustration in a book they published in 1967 called "Vanishing Dublin" by Flora Mitchell.

Anyone able to help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

Seasoft wrote: »
    I am trying to find out who now has copyright to books published by a firm that no longer operates.

The publisher is Allen Figgis, Dublin, who were active in the 1950s and 1960s. I wish to seek permission to use an illustration in a book they published in 1967 called "Vanishing Dublin" by Flora Mitchell.

Anyone able to help?

I don't know whether Flora Mitchell had any kids who might have inherited copyright to her works after she died but maybe you could enquire at one of the established art auctioneers, such as Whytes, who would be familiar with her from selling her paintings?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

chasmcb wrote: »
    I don't know whether Flora Mitchell had any kids who might have inherited copyright to her works after she died but maybe you could enquire at one of the established art auctioneers, such as Whytes, who would be familiar with her from selling her paintings?

Thanks for that suggestion. I'll follow it up.
    I am also in touch with some current Irish publishers who are looking into it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pezza

Am also looking for info on who owns Allen Figgis copyrights. Did you have any luck?

Advertisement