Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAN THE BABY MAKE THE MILK COME?

Options
  • 02-09-2011 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

My wife asked me to ask a question here so here goes.

our newborn baby is 3 weeks and every time he cries her nip go numb and milk begins to flow is this normal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yep, babies crying (even if they're not your own babies!) can stimulate the let down for milk to come through! It'll get less and less as baby regulates production of milk to his/her feeding pattern.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

tonyheaney wrote: »
    My wife asked me to ask a question here so here goes.

our newborn baby is 3 weeks and every time he cries her nip go numb and milk begins to flow is this normal?

Totally normal :)

It can also start flowing if you hear a sad ad on the radio whilst driving in a car full of your male friends while you're not wearing breastpads ;)

It's called the let down reflex.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Perfectly normal :) Isn't the female body amazing? The body responds to the babie's cry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Yes, totally normal, I was terrible for it after the birth of mine...Even the sound of babies crying on the TV could set me off:D

Advertisement