Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i being pushed out?

Options
  • 02-09-2011 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

any advice here would be great. basically im in a job just barely over a year and the last 2 months its become a nightmare. I work part time, attend college and have a child. I work in a 7 day a week industry with a rota. The problems are that my rota is being changed constantly to hours where i am at college or cannot get babysitters or at too short notice to change babysitter. Sometimes i turn up to work at x time to be told i was due in earlier or later because its been changed. I am put down to do overtime without ever being asked or notified. Its just put on the rota. Meetings that i have to attend in work are arranged on days i am off but i am still expected to come to work for these which can be 30 mins to 2 hours. I have requested holidays 4 times now and been declined each time. I am not allowed to take holidays for my exams or coming up to my exams because i missed the 1 month advance notice deadline by 3 days.

I feel like everything possible is being made difficult for me. I've asked several times that i be notified if required to do overtime to arrange childcare, they verbally agreed but have not done so. I've been trying to get holidays for ages and keep being denied. If meetings are arranged on my days off surely i should not be expected to attend? I feel miserable going into work that every little thing is a problem, so much so that i'm nearly unable to do my job because there are so many needless difficulties and extra things to do created. I have a huge huge list of things, these are the main points. Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

They have to give you 24 hours notice if you don't have a regular schedule. Notice can be by putting the rota up in a visible location - but they do have to give you the full day's notice.

Advertisement