Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC phone not working

• 02-09-2011 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I've just got the UPC phone package and upgraded from 30Mbit to 50Mbit. I got the new Thomson router too.

From reading the booklet it should be just plug and work.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Would it be because I have plugged in a very ancient phone? All I get on the phone is silence when I pickup the receiver. When I dial a number I get a "duh duh duh duh duh" sound really rapidly in bursts and then it goes silent again.

Any of this make any sense ?
    CM State Operational
    Docsis-Downstream Scanning Complete
    Docsis-Ranging Complete
    Docsis-DHCP Complete
    Docsis-TFTP Complete
    Docsis-Data Reg Complete Complete
    Telephony-DHCP Complete
    Telephony-Security Disabled
    Telephony-TFTP Complete
    Telephony-Reg with Call Server L1: No Security Assocation / L2: No Security Assocation
    Telephony-Reg Complete Pass With Warnings
    Line 1 State On-Hook
    Line 2 State On-Hook

Update:

I plugged the phone into telephone port 2. I can ring the phone from my mobile but I can't ring out.
    I guess maybe it needs some time or something to set itself up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Random wrote: »
    I plugged the phone into telephone port 2. I can ring the phone from my mobile but I can't ring out.
    I guess maybe it needs some time or something to set itself up?

Have you tried Port 1?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Sorry the first bit before the "update" was using port 1. Then port 2 gave me the extra bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Only Port 1 should be enabled.
    Port 2 should be completely and utterly dead.

It sounds like they've not provisioned the phone bit correctly. I assume you've tried a reboot? :p

Might be best to give them a call first thing in the morning if all else fails...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yah I've tried a reboot and all that. I guess I'll give them a buzz when I get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

my old dect phones wouldn't work with upc, something to do with not working ona digital line.

i just recently picked up a triple pack of dect phones with answering machine from argos for about €55 and they work fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement