Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

too soon to change navel bar?

Options
  • 02-09-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

hi all, I've had my navel pierced a little over a month now. I've been cleaning twice a day with salt water, as recommended, and I haven't had any pain or bleeding since the first few days. The problem is, I suspect the jewellery is too short- the top wound is still a bit red looking, and under where the ball sits is as if it's been rubbed raw from friction. It'd be unlikely that my clothes have caused it, I've been careful to wear hipster jeans and loose tops... Which means that it must be the wrong jewellery :/
    Unfortunately I can't get back to the original piercer, but I've found someone near where I'm living now, so I'm going to see him tomorrow. Is ok that I ask him to change the jewellery even though he didn't pierce me? Obviously I'll be buying the new barbell from him.
    Bit worried he might say it's best to let it heal over... :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I think you need to have it in for a few months before you change it. I'm sure if you go into a piercing place they will have no problem changing it for you though if it is rubbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Raqndomer

I got mine pierced today but the place was all out of bars so i had to get the ring in. The girl who pierced me just told me to come back next week and that she'd change it for me for free to a bar so im sure he could change it for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Most places will do a jewellry change no problem when you buy the jewellery

Advertisement