Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

play.com delivery times.

Options
  • 02-09-2011 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

I ordered Xenoblade well before it was released and it was supposedly posted on the 17th of August. Should it be taking over 2 weeks for something to arrive from the UK? Is this normal with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It's not normal at all. The UK postal system is a lot less dependable than ours, as a result of them having to deal with far, far more than ours. It's
    gotten to the stage where every 10 items I order off, say, Amazon UK (marketplace), 3 aren't going to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

danthefan wrote: »
    I ordered Xenoblade well before it was released and it was supposedly posted on the 17th of August. Should it be taking over 2 weeks for something to arrive from the UK? Is this normal with them?

I preordered the original Left 4 Dead from Play. Took a week to arrive, post-release. I haven't ordered much from Play since then.

2 weeks does seem a long time, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Agree with Mr. Saturn. Normally takes 1 week, only time it ever took longer was when it never arrived :P Got a refund and then a month later they sent another free of charge for some reason, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

they have that play trade **** now...

i ordered 2 ds games from 2 separate sellers. one game got delevered monday. ( 5 working days), but i am still waiting for second one... dispatched 23/08/11...

tryed to contact seller, but no luck... i will wait a bit more and appeal for refund. last time i use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

This wasn't off Play Trade, I actually ordered something off Play Trade at the same time and it arrived a few days later. I have to wait 21 days before I can take action too. This is really annoying.

Very much doubt I'll ever buy from them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Never had to wait that long from play at all. A week Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have a suspicious that game was second hand too. It had no wraping.

I checked a few feedbacks and some of the sellers sale second hand games as new. Some sellers are not even smart enough to delete old save games on ds games.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Hey,

I ordered Lost: Season 6 on Blu Ray in their Bank Holiday sale last week. Ordered on the evening of 25/08/2011, Posted: 29/08/2011, arrived this morning.

Hope this helps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Play normally take a week for me,I've never had any problems with them thankfully but I don't order much off them these days tbf,there so damn slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Play take about 10 days for me. I have had a couple of items that took longer but I guess thats just the UK postal service making a balls of it (An Post on the other hand are 100% reliable, I've had a lot of business with them over the past 10 years and they've never let me down)

I find sites with free delivery usually take longer to arrive, maybe it's 2nd class post or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I find games ordered off play.com always take ages to arrive. Much longer than books,cds and dvds for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

penev10 wrote: »
    Play take about 10 days for me. I have had a couple of items that took longer but I guess thats just the UK postal service making a balls of it (An Post on the other hand are 100% reliable, I've had a lot of business with them over the past 10 years and they've never let me down)

I find sites with free delivery usually take longer to arrive, maybe it's 2nd class post or something.

Amazon seems to be the exception. I nearly always get items 1 day after its dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

My experience with play.com is 2 weeks to 3. I only order stuff I'm in no rush to play from them at this stage. But its still always annoying something you paid for is out in oblivion somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

I've had so many problems with that site. I ordered items at the start of August and they still haven't been delivered. They sent me these forms to fill out and send to Belfast and I've been waiting for over two weeks. It's so ridiculously annoying. I ordered two items from a seller which came in no time, and the ones that are missing were from the actual site. -.- It's ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

tr0llface wrote: »
    I've had so many problems with that site. I ordered items at the start of August and they still haven't been delivered. They sent me these forms to fill out and send to Belfast and I've been waiting for over two weeks. It's so ridiculously annoying. I ordered two items from a seller which came in no time, and the ones that are missing were from the actual site. -.- It's ridiculous.

I got my refund for Xenoblade anyway, can't really fault them there.

I asked for a replacement, cos I used a 3V card that's gonna go out of date soon. Do you think I'll get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

tr0llface wrote: »

At this stage ring them or if you can scan and email signed copies of the forms to customercare@play.com and cnrf@play.com

The phone no. for them is 0044 1534877595

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

Actually on their delivery page it states that delivery to Ireland will be 7-10 Days

http://www.play.com/Help.html?page=del

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

baz909 wrote: »
    Actually on their delivery page it states that delivery to Ireland will be 7-10 Days

Funnily enough they list the Vatican as one of the countries they deliver to. Never knew the pope liked to mail order his console games.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Funnily enough they list the Vatican as one of the countries they deliver to. Never knew the pope liked to mail order his console games.:pac:

He loves Dante's Inferno

• Advertisement

baz909 wrote: »

It's been nearly two months....

Advertisement