Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice cafe in Limerick

• 02-09-2011 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭

Am heading into town tomorrow for first time in ages and would like to treat myself to a nice cup of tea(i realise how Mrs Doyle like this sounds!) and cake or bun etc. Any-one any recommendations for somewhere nice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Cafe Noir Robert Street! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Frenchs on catherine street , absolutely love the place , famous for their crepes/pancakes me, my bro and gf go their religously every sat for the last two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Cafe Noir Robert Street! :D

What he said! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I like Arabica myself it's near the George

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

melt cafe in catherine street - coffee is the nices and they do lovely cakes too - its my favourite when i am in town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

Thanks all. Didn't get to town last week but will be in on Saturday and will go to whichever of these is the quitest.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Another vote for Arabica - great vibe and excellent coffee :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i was in Melt on Catherine st myself last weekend,,never in there before but it was lovely and you get to pick out a little chocolate with each coffee also:)for free:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Not wanting to start another thread...but is there any city centre cafe that does a decent take away coffee after 5:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Olio & Farina is nice, Little Catherine St. Open until 6p.m. Mon -Wed and 8p.m. Thurs - Friday

http://www.olioefarina.com/en/limerick

• Advertisement

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Olio & Farina is nice, Little Catherine St. Open until 6p.m. Mon -Wed and 8p.m. Thurs - Friday

http://www.olioefarina.com/en/limerick

Cool will check them out later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Another vote for melt, great coffee and chocs, and reasonable prices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Not wanting to start another thread...but is there any city centre cafe that does a decent take away coffee after 5:30?

First thing that came into my head was, surely there are.

Thought about it, ruled out pubs and "Spar" machine coffees (you did say 'decent' after all) and can't think of one!

Obviously not much of a market for takeaway coffee after 6 in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Costa in Childers Road Retail Park are open until 6:30/7 at the start of the week and later than that towards the end of the week.

Also don't disregard McDonald's coffee. Even coffee snobs agree that its actually pretty damn good. Just don't buy any food to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Final Approach

Aroma on Roches Street is nice too. Pleasant staff, clean and comfortable, and a nice big window to sit at while enjoying a cup of good coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

Has anyone been to the Lulu's place that's opened up beside Gleeson's spar on Catherine St?
    I heard about it on FB the other and they are apparently open each night from 10pm to 4am.
    I think they are open in the daytime too, but I can't get it straight whether they're also open in the evening, and I've no idea what the food or the coffee is like, but another option can only be a good thing!

froodie wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the Lulu's place that's opened up beside Gleeson's spar on Catherine St?
    I heard about it on FB the other and they are apparently open each night from 10pm to 4am.
    I think they are open in the daytime too, but I can't get it straight whether they're also open in the evening, and I've no idea what the food or the coffee is like, but another option can only be a good thing!

10pm to 4am? seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

10pm to 4am? seriously?

Yep, although they do seem to do regular breakfast/lunch hours as well.

Yep, although they do seem to do regular breakfast/lunch hours as well.

mmmm must check it out so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

chatting to them next week about doing a zombie midnight feast for outbreak..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Ger is the guy who owns it, he owns Lulu's Milkshakes too! Very nice guy! (And he's an ex-clements man too ;) ) Lovely place and I must admit! Its great to get a coffee and a fry up at 3:00am after a night out! And its so relaxed in there! Plus great prices!

Also.. From what I recall.. There's gonna be Karaoke nights in there! I can't wait for the next boards meetup ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

Mr E wrote: »
    Costa in Childers Road Retail Park are open until 6:30/7 at the start of the week and later than that towards the end of the week.

Also don't disregard McDonald's coffee. Even coffee snobs agree that its actually pretty damn good. Just don't buy any food to go with it.

tut tut tut she asked for a cafe in town and you send her to childers road retail park and macky d's! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

Yeah, another option is always good and especially during the late hours! As has been said the fry is lovely and they do nice sandwiches and other stuff too... The coffee is really good too! :)

Advertisement