Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up SKY player

Options
  • 02-09-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

I got permission to use a SKY account for my Xbox. I got the sky player downloaded.

What info do I need from the account holder?
    Can they still watch it on their laptop if I'm watching it on my Xbox or can it only be on 1 device at a time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

All you need is the account number. Not sure about the multiroom set up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

kiddums wrote: »
    I got permission to use a SKY account for my Xbox. I got the sky player downloaded.

What info do I need from the account holder?
    Can they still watch it on their laptop if I'm watching it on my Xbox or can it only be on 1 device at a time?

Their name, DOB and address (security reasons) and viewing card number

When setting it up on sky website make sure you make the xbox the primary user and you can add their laptop as a secondary user, this means you can watch live tv and not get bumped off when they use it (only one user can watch live tv)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Thanks folks.
    GAAman wrote: »
    Their name, DOB and address (security reasons) and viewing card number

When setting it up on sky website make sure you make the xbox the primary user and you can add their laptop as a secondary user, this means you can watch live tv and not get bumped off when they use it (only one user can watch live tv)
    What does live tv cover?
    Is it just live sporting events or is it what is actually airing now?
    Either was I'd rather leave them with the live tv function and I'll make do with the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

kiddums wrote: »
    Thanks folks.

What does live tv cover?
    Is it just live sporting events or is it what is actually airing now?
    Either was I'd rather leave them with the live tv function and I'll make do with the rest.

Every channel (open to correction) they have on their package has a live streaming on sky player, for example mine is the sky movies channels, GOLD, sky1, discovery, nat geo etc etc

Thats fair enough for them to have the live tv, but they have it in the house anyway and might not use it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

GAAman wrote: »
    Every channel (open to correction) they have on their package has a live streaming on sky player, for example mine is the sky movies channels, GOLD, sky1, discovery, nat geo etc etc

Thats fair enough for them to have the live tv, but they have it in the house anyway and might not use it :)
    He wants to use it, cheaper than multi-room for the sports for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement