Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VOIP account hacked?

• 02-09-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭

My VOIP account with Blueface got hacked into this morning, someone started making mobile calls to foreign numbers and this went on until all of the pre-paid credit had been used up.

Anyone have any idea how this might have happened? It might just be a coincidence, but my Xbox Live acount was also hacked into yesterday and they managed to spend some points and transfer the locale to Russia.

My passwords are different for both my VOIP and XBL accounts. One thing that might have been a factor was that my normal DNS server was down for a few days and I switched over to a free DNS server, might this have had an effect?

Won't be able to look into it until Monday when Blueface support go back to work :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

It suggests something amiss local to your network ... PCs .... whatever .....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

MayoForSam wrote: »
    My VOIP account with Blueface got hacked into this morning, someone started making mobile calls to foreign numbers and this went on until all of the pre-paid credit had been used up.

Anyone have any idea how this might have happened? It might just be a coincidence, but my Xbox Live acount was also hacked into yesterday and they managed to spend some points and transfer the locale to Russia.

My passwords are different for both my VOIP and XBL accounts. One thing that might have been a factor was that my normal DNS server was down for a few days and I switched over to a free DNS server, might this have had an effect?

Won't be able to look into it until Monday when Blueface support go back to work :(

Did you get anything from blueface?

I suspect your firewalls and network isn't setup correctly. Blueface will be able to provide IP addresses that accessed the phone service, but may be going through your firewall on your pc.

Put a password on your ip phone equipment (PIN) and don't use a softphone on your PC.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement